1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine blown Force India standard setup (Annoying)

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Ivan Gjorgjievski, Sep 28, 2012.

1. I have a really (imo) annoying thing going on with the f1 2012... The Engine gets blown every time i start breaking a bit more aggressively on turn number one in Melbourne. So my question is, should i take care more of the car and not go into much aggressive driving, or is a bug from the game.

I use the standard setup, and after just one regular lap with it, the engine starts a rattling sound and there is a smoke behind.
  2. What do you mean by that,just hit the brakes then downshift,i`ve blown only one gearbox/engine before i perfected my braking skills.You are just used to 2011 downshifting and over reving the engine,this has nothing to do with aggresive and standard etc.
  3. That's the result from F1 2011. I'm glad I wasn't overreving in 2011 too. Anyways, just start downshifting 1 second after you've started braking. I don't know how you blow your engines, haven't blown one on a raceday. Braking aggressively doesn't mean extremely fast downshifting. It means braking aggressively. :)
  4. Yes, I kept blowing the gearbox on Melbourne into turn 1 with the Force India as well, and the only reason was because I was flipping the downshift paddle as fast as I could. But in that braking zone you have PLENTY of time to drop just 3 gears, so try going slower with the down shifting. I brake just as hard there, really late, but I pause between down shifts to let revs drop a little, and I dont explode anymore..
    • Like Like x 1