F1 2010 Enabling 900 degrees rotation in the G25.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

I read something on here where someone mentioned pressing SELECT + R2 + R3 upon starting F1 2010 would enable the wheel to be in 900 degree rotation mode on the G25, meaning you could adjust the saturation to what you want.

I was wondering, do you have to press these buttons on the G25 itself or a controller, and can anyone confirm this works?

Regards,
xreyuk.

I'm not a huge F1 sim guy so I don't know for sure, but when have you ever seen an f1 driver use anything close to 900 degrees? (let alone much over 180) Not trying to be an ass, just curious since you said "realism". I've used the G25 for years and I have never come close to considering using 900 degrees of rotation. Also, when you said "180 degrees in both directions" I think what's meant is 180-200 degrees from lock to lock. If you had your hands on an F1 steering wheel, how would you change your handing to go more than 90 degrees in each direction? Unless you want to drift like a pro, you should not need to move your hands much in any circumstance. Anyways, hope it gave you something to spend some time thinking about.

I don't want to use 900 degrees of rotation. I want to use 180 degrees in each direction, so that when I'm at full lock to the left, the wheel is upside down. This is how it is in the real F1 cars.

If you watch this video:
, go to 0:23 and watch him take the left hand corner, his hands are fully crossed over, which is how it is in real life. I want my wheel to behave like that. :)

I don't want to use 900 degrees of rotation. I want to use 180 degrees in each direction, so that when I'm at full lock to the left, the wheel is upside down. This is how it is in the real F1 cars.

If you watch this video:
, go to 0:23 and watch him take the left hand corner, his hands are fully crossed over, which is how it is in real life. I want my wheel to behave like that. :)

Monaco isnt a great example of the usual turn of an F1 car mate - the Hotel Hairpin is a one off! I dont know the numbers but there is definitely more lock available to them due to the nature of the track. Usually the wheel doesnt go much more than 100 each way, which is approx quarter to, and quarter past the hour, which you will find 200/220 degs does nicely, and completley corresponds with the what you will see on your monitor and at most F1 tracks.

Aye I suppose not, but whenever you see them on a track with a hairpin in, they'll have their hands completely crossed (such as the corner in Montreal as you come onto the long straight)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.6%