Earthquake Drama in Turkey in Syria - Please Help

1675941118016.png

Like many I am out of words. The entire week I have been following the television coverages of the massive amount of casualties in Turkey and Syria due to the earthquakes happening there.

My thoughts go out to all the victims, families and friends who are involved in this drama.

Here in the Netherlands the government has started a national support bank number and people are already royally donating money (and a lot of other private support projects going organized by incredible individuals :inlove:).

If you can miss a bit of money please donate to your local Red Cross organization or support any humanitarian initiative for this drama. The people in Syria and Turkey need it right now!

I'm going to tell a little story.

Three years ago, in CMT (an F1 Challenge '99-'02 group) we got a Turkish member called Kerem. He lived in Elazig. That city was affected by the earthquake in January 2020. He survived along with his familiy, but lost his house. On those times, I was living in poverty conditions, so I was unable to make money. However, we offered to talk with him and be for him everyday. Somewhere there was a cyber. At those times, he had his mobile phone as his only way of communicating, plus a pendrive. He asked me to give him a 2020 mod we had on WIP, so it could be installed there on every PC.

Of course, the whole team accepted and say yes, and got the mod done by 30th March, which included the first ever Zandvoort 2020 variant ever done, thanks to Luigi70 and Faldullah. It was the best I could offer at that time (donated 250€ to the Ukranie cause two years later; at that time I got a job for a a big videogame company thanks to my 14 years of modding in F1C).

Even if it was very little, Kerem told me that the moments doing stuff in the cyber whenever possible (which included having fun with F1C), has contributed positively in helping to overcome the tragedy by dint of being entertained while time passed and little by little, everything was coming to normal. Albeit it took time. I contacted later Gjon Camaj about this, and he approved the existence of the mod helping in such cause.

That 2020 mod was uploaded here in Racedepartment time ago (along with its development story), but got deleted without explanation.

PD1: the F1C 2020 mod on its prefinal version would lend me the offer the allowed me to work for such company 15 months later.

PD2: I talked with Kerem few days ago. This time, he is fine and there was no damage for him :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea