1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD not working Help!

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Adam Vaughan, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Helo, i recently bought a new PC for paying GTR Evo and a game called football Manager 2009. This is the same PC as my friend has and has the same DVD drive in it. But for some reason when I put the Football Manager DVD in it just keeps mkaing a noise like its trying to read it but its not reading it. Then I go on to my computer to right click and the screen freezes. Then I press the eject button and it wont eject. So I have to restart just to open it. It reads all other DVD's I have except this one. Iv uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Deleted the upper/lower filters and still nothing.

Any of you more intelligent guys no how to fix this?

2. Has the DVD got any scratches or marks on it?
  3. none at all and Iv tested it on the family PC and laptop and all seems well.
  4. And what happens when your friend enters your CD?

- Securom.... (read as: screwe 'm) -
  5. Dvd works on my friends PC. havnt a cvlue why this is.
  6. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Sorry for my English :)
    Maybe try change your DVD ( SATA or ATA) cable.In my case that helps
  7. Had a thing like that once with my old PC. What i did then was update the firmware of the dvd player. (If I remember correctly)
  8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

9. The drive is a Atapi DVD A DH16A1P ATA. Thats what it says when I bring up Device manager.
  10. Some good news, phoned them up (PC world) anfd they said take the drivbe out bring it in and theyl swap it for me. So they give me a new DVD drive and all works fine. Happy days.
  11. Nice to hear m8! Have fun with it.
  12. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

Good to hear that, it really should be a hardware / firmware issue.