Dual Clutch Porsche GT3 wheel and iRacing

Hi

I’m thinking about purchasing a Porsche GT3 wheel and noticed the seller has a dual clutch upgrade available.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223973669134

ive never used one and know F1 cars have had them but are now banned I think.

Does anyone know if the dual clutch can be used for any car is iRacing? Or only in cars that actually have a dual clutch?

appreciate the help if anyone has a Simline dual clutch wheel or knows anything about them

I don't use a dual clutch anymore but if it's set up how mine was with the ascher dual clutch pcb then yes, it works in any car. IRacing will see both paddles combined as a single clutch so when one is released it shows as the clutch being partially released (at the bite point you set with the potentiometer).

Upvote 0
No, it didn't need ascher software, it controls it on the pcb. Not sure exactly how, something to do with varying the voltage.

I stopped using the dual clutches because I basically cheaped out and bought 3d printed paddles and they were a bit rubbish, so it wasn't very consistent. If I were doing it again I'd use the proper ascher clutch paddles, I just can't justify the cost of them for something I didn't use that much (though I probably didn't use them much because my cheap ones weren't very good, so a catch-22!)

Upvote 0
Interesting, so spoke to Simline and they quickly confirmed no software needed. The dual clutch is analog so you set the first clutch with the bite point potentiometer and then let the second one slowly which full lets the clutch out.

can you map two clutches in iRacing?, I know you can on the McLaren F1 car but what about a Mazda?

Upvote 0
Think it’s making sense now, you can only map one clutch in cars with one clutch so while saying the dual clutch would work on the Mazda , It would stop your foot clutch from working.

I’ve just checked the iRacing spec for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup can and it says Semi Automatic Paddle Shifters so I guess you could map the clutch to the wheel in that case and try and control the start, not sure if it would be quicker tho?

Upvote 0
Think it’s making sense now, you can only map one clutch in cars with one clutch so while saying the dual clutch would work on the Mazda , It would stop your foot clutch from working.

I’ve just checked the iRacing spec for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup can and it says Semi Automatic Paddle Shifters so I guess you could map the clutch to the wheel in that case and try and control the start, not sure if it would be quicker tho?
Ah, maybe they changed it since I did it then. Back then, you could map two clutches in the settings and use it for any car and the clutch pedal still worked (admittedly I don't think I tried it in the mazda!). Unless I'm misremembering.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back