F1 2011 DRS Zones

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
You can't ....... not even Codemasters are prepared to attempt it, as it would appear that too many other things get effected by the changes required.

Please note that there are technical restrictions on what we can and can’t patch, due to things such as size limits on patches, knock-on effects to other areas of the game and issues that were non-reproducible in our test environment, etc. Issues which currently fall into this category are updated DRS Zones and updated drivers.

Do not blame Codemasters for that. They really couldn't know where DRS zones in last races will be... I think FIA should set them for all tracks at the start of the season... And lack of 2 separated DRS zones at Monza and India is not bad at all... I don't like DRS rules, so I'm happy :)

Also on Interlagos setting DRS before Senna's S is better choice than FIA did I think...

Actually I do blame Codemasters. Though I am fully aware that the FIA only announce the DRS zones shortly before the race event, I do remember Steve Hood promising that the zones would be updated some time after the game release (this promise was pre-release).

Knowing that was what he promised, they should have written the code in such a way that enabled the update to come later. Not just announcing later that it is essentially 'too hard' to do, because it would effect other parts of the game too much. That's bad planning ....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%