1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DRS on first lap

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by HK2014, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

I made a 29laps race with formula extreme cars, everything worked fine except the DRS, all the cars (AI) used their DRS from the starting grid, on the very first lap.

So I am asking you if we have the possibility to change this and make it work like formula one, I mean DRS only available when you reached the 3rd lap.

Thanks.

2. You could use the DRS on the first lap as well ?

That seems odd.
    On the .srs file of the FExtreme (REIZA08.srs) there's a parameter that shouldn't allow this (if i'm not mistaken):

DRS-MinimumCrossings = 2 // the minimum number of times the cars have passed the detection point before it becomes active

From my point of view, you would need to cross the point 2 times before allowing it.

3. Yes, when the starting light disappeared, every AI cars had DRS activated.

The mod I'm using has thoses values in the .srs file :

DRS-MaximumTime = 1.0 // the maximum time between your car and the one in front (in seconds)
    DRS-MinimumCrossings = 2 // the minimum number of times the cars have passed the detection point before it becomes active
    DRS-TestDayRules = 1 // for all rules settings:
    DRS-Practice1Rules = 1 // -1 means disable DRS
    DRS-Practice2Rules = 1 // 0 means DRS is active everywhere on the track
    DRS-Practice3Rules = 1 // Positive values should be interpreted as a bitfield with the following bit values:
    DRS-Practice4Rules = 1 // 1 = DRS is active only in detection zones
    DRS-Qualify1Rules = 1 // 2 = DRS is active only after the minimum set number of crossings (in DRS-MinimumCrossings)
    DRS-Qualify2Rules = 1 // 4 = DRS is active only if within DRS-MaximumTime of the car in front
    DRS-Qualify3Rules = 1 // so for the full DRS rules you use the value 7 (1+2+3)
    DRS-Qualify4Rules = 1
    DRS-WarmupRules = 1
    DRS-Race1Rules = 7
    DRS-Race2Rules = 7
    DRS-Race3Rules = 7
    DRS-Race4Rules = 7

So I don't know what is wrong, thanks anyway for trying to help me!

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

@HK2014 Which build number of the game are you playing?

5. V1.0.1
    I will test on more tracks to see if it happens again and in which conditions, because i know that some time it works just fine, so it is maybe track related? I will run more races on both vanilla and custom tracks (with DRS settings in .GDB of course). I will tell you the results.