F1M22 DRS and Tyres fix (without Cheat Engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great start! The DRS and dirty air numbers are a bit off though, IMO.

I think the DRS speed values are ok, but acceleration values should adjust, a min of 1 just means opening DRS does nothing, and 1.01 max has almost no impact at all, it should be at least 1.1 or 1.5 at a minimum, but probably closer to 1.25. That would be more than the gain they really get, but the problem is that the cars don't follow closely enough out of corners so even if DRS is right there out of the corner it takes a couple seconds for them to even match the speed of the car in front when it should only take about .5-1 second for them to match.

For the dirty air, Frontier did have that more right in terms of "higher speed means less impact", because these cars are using the floors for high speed corners and wings for low speed. The numbers should come down, but I'm thinking .5-.7 for each one probably something like .83, .88, .91.

The tire stuff seems ok, I know you can't futz with that too much without the AI losing their minds and having even worse strategy and even .3 seconds difference between the tires is hilarious but over the course of a run since the AI can't strategize seems much more balanced.

Great work mate. I would appreciate if you can make a alternative version with more tyre difference. Maybe like .5 seconds per compound would feel more realistic for me.

Anyways you're doing gods work here as the game is literally unplayable in vanilla rn so again:
THANK YOU

I have started a new game just to enjoy this mod. Now the races are much more exciting.
I recommend using the file "DRS, Dirty Air and Tires difference x3.5 (~0.45 seconds between compounds)"

The difference in lap times and the wear on the different tires is perfect for me. If you ask the pilot to go to the maximum, the soft tires wear out quickly. In fact, I have barely been able to use them to their fullest on my cars. The new DRS has significantly reduced the number of overtaking in races.

Thank you for this wonderful modification. You are a genious.

very good modification
I did a test race in Bahrain with difference x3,5 version (controlling Alpine)
DRS trains still there a little bit, but I was able to leave them after overtaking (it was impossible before)
But I may go another run with x2,5 version, because if you (or devs) cant correct the tyre degradation, the hard compound its very slow at the moment. Sainz took hard for second stint, and get almost 20 seconds from Leclerc who was on mediums (and laptimes got closer during the stint, but Sainz was never able to match Leclerc's pace)
The good news is one-stopper was much worse with this mod than the original game. I lost pace and position with Esteban (Plan: Soft - Hard)
I still think that Dirty Air effect should be even more, and if its work, maybe you can increase DRS effect a little bit. But anyway this mod is awesome, I planning to start a brand new carreer with this.

I tried looking for the file and it got deleted from reddit too, is it illegal? Could anyone who managed to get the "DRS, Dirty Air and Tires difference x3.5" post it here again, with the author's permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back