1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DRS AI BUG NURGURGNG

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Msportdan, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I noticed in race that the AI have DRS when they shouldn't. For example im sure i saw the AI have DRS down the back straight (DTM14) before the last chicane, i can never get it here.
    Also on the start straight, i noticed the AI have DRS quicker, (straight off the corner) unlike me when i get it when i cross the line, which seems pointless as not enough run off untill the corner.

Are these the official DRS zones?

Is there a way to disable DRS only?

Dan

2. There is no official DRS zone in the DTM, you can use whenever you want.
    Best place is the back straight.

3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

thx peter...
    but i cant use it whenever only, on the pit straight if im right behind an AI.

4. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Yep, DRS rules in DTM is a little different to F1.

A quick question though.....do the AI always (and only) use DRS in the best place or are they programmed to also use it on a shorter straight to make an overtake?

5. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

You have to be within two seconds behind another car at the start-finish line to activate DRS for that lap.

6. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

oh i see, i think i know what im doing!!

when i see the green drs i press it (pit straight) so i wont get for the rest of the lap..

lol i thought it was the same as F1

thanks for the clarification guys :)

just to add, with my ffb finally set up, im absolutly loving rre at the moment,!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sure you can, be within 2 seconds on the start/finish line and you can use it 1 time wherever you want.

8. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Also DRS is disabled for the first and last couple laps of the race.

9. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

In my experience DRS is activated after the third lap and is available until the end of the race.

10. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

You're correct. Just checked.

11. Imo there is some kind of bug with the DRS as it doesn't seem to work when overlapping cars. E.g. I can remember a MP race at Brands Hatch where I was on 2nd position and sb who was 1 lap behind started to battle with me the last 2 or 3 rounds. No DRS available.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  12. I have seen the AI using the DRS on different straights on every circuit. And the same AI may even use the DRS on two or three different spots on the same race - so it varies.