General Driver steering animation not working correctly

Hi, this is my first post here. I am doing a mod of the 1952 Alfa Romeo Disco Volante and while I was trying to make a correct steering animation I encountered this problem. As you can see in the images the animation looks good in 3ds Max 2022 and in ksEditor but when I try it in game it looks weird.
Screenshot_alfa_romeo_disco_volante_driftplayground_13-7-121-12-53-47.jpg
__custom_showroom_1628851604.pngdriver3dsmax.PNG

This is with the steering angle at 0°

Thank you for your time and I hope we can somehow fix this problem.

:)

Hi, this is my first post here. I am doing a mod of the 1952 Alfa Romeo Disco Volante and while I was trying to make a correct steering animation I encountered this problem. As you can see in the images the animation looks good in 3ds Max 2022 and in ksEditor but when I try it in game it looks weird.
View attachment 495302
View attachment 495301View attachment 495303

This is with the steering angle at 0°

Thank you for your time and I hope we can somehow fix this problem.

:)
How do you correctly hook up the animation to the form? I tried making a custom driver and didn't touch any of that, just replaced the head, and the whole driver T poses in the car, it was losing its head for a while until I grouped the head in the parent order and that fixed the head issue, but the animations didnt carry over. I thought it was a problem with my ASCIIFBXCONVERTER software not carrying over animation info into Blender but I can't confirm. Hoping to piece together knowledge from different tangentially related problems. Looks like you're leveled up higher than I am in terms of working with animations. All those lines give me insane anxiety lol.

Very unlikely existing animations will still work after you've imported/exported the driver model to Blender. It doesn't really represent bones the same way apparently. To get a mesh with working armature you just need 'bake animation' enabled in the fbx export as far as I know (node names also need to match, but if you imported a working model, that should be fine). But then you also need to create animations out of the same file in blender.

Last edited:
Very unlikely existing animations will still work after you've imported/exported the driver model to Blender. It doesn't really represent bones the same way apparently. To get a mesh with working armature you just need 'bake animation' enabled in the fbx export as far as I know (node names also need to match, but if you imported a working model, that should be fine). But then you also need to create animations out of the same file in blender.
Do you think 3DS MAX is the native environment and might preserve the animations? I have tried to bring in fbx files straight from the game and even the modding folder, and I still get the T pose so it must be that blender strips them all of their animation data I'm thinking. Thanks!

Hi guys, thank you for your help. So I found out that the problem was caused by the frame rate count. Basically the frame counter in 3Ds Max was 100 frame and the driver animation needs to be 120 frame long. Changing the frame count solved the problem for me.

@Flammia I have the exact same issue where I put new wheels and a exhaust onto my car however the lights everything outside works perfectly but inside my Dash instruments like the speedometer and rev instrument doesn't work and each time I turn my wheel my character moves his hands but no steering animation at all, If this is the same issue could you tell me where to go so I could change the frame rate

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back