1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloads Manager 1.1.2

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

We are currently working on our downloads manager. Its still very WIP and certainly not the final version we are still waiting on to be finalized by a good temporary solution for those of you who like to share files with other members without having to wait for 20 minutes to get it all downloaded.

downloads.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Bram

Bram

Is it working for everybody? Things missing? Bugs? Suggestions?

Any feedback is welcome

3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

First of all, HUGE thanks to you Bram and all other RD admins worked hard on this. Looks very neat and clean.

As a concern, in the "Newest Downloads" "Most Viewed" and "Most Downloaded" lists, we can't know which game's file are they. Tough i'm very sure that it is already known, just on the "to-add-list" :)

EDIT: Downloading now works for me. Speeds are great! :)

4. Working great for me too. Thanks to Bram and the RD team.

I'm guessing many of the GSC tracks I downloaded yesterday were illegal?

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Illegal how?

6. There were many tracks by a Ronnie82 that have since been removed.

The term "illegal" seems to be the norm here for tracks and cars lifted from other sims without consent.

7. Bram

Bram

Yes correct. :) People like this Ronnie character show no respect to those that did the actual work in creating the tracks or even own the rights for it.

Our policy on illegal tracks is known and we don't allow them.

8. Yup, i've been hunting this guy down and got him removed from bunch of places and got one site shut down. All his "work" is poorly converted tracks made in a hurry without any permission from anyone. He managed to stay out of general public eye for a long time and the modding community was great giving support to real authors. But he made a huge disservice to all GSC players...

I'm so greatful for RD to return this feature, in the old DL section you could count that all mods worked and all content was legal. For modders it was a priviledge to be in the RD list since it means you're work can be proven to be legitimate just by showing a link... I hope the policy is the same with the new system. Still waiting for BTB section....

9. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Ah, that one - now I know what you're talking about, cheers for the clarification guys. :)

10. The new "download-service" has stolen the Race07 mods forum I guess...visiting the Race07 section just shows the link to the download manager and the sub-forum Race07 mods is gone :(

(hopefully this is the right place for the feedback :D)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bram

Bram

Yeah it nomnomnom'ed it for now to make people aware of the new place to upload their work.

We will of course be putting the "old" forum back soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram

Bram

Guys all bugs reported should have been solved by now. Please go nuts in the downlaods section and try to break it for us and let us know anymore bugs

13. Bram

Bram

Downloads software is now updated (sorry for the short time out) and now supports ratings :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Is there a search function/can a search be implemented?

15. Bram

Bram

not yet. might be that the normal forum search can work though :)

16. Oh, it does indeed :D. You can't limit it to the download section alone, it shows forum posts with those keywords too, but I guess that'll do.

17. DarkZeero

DarkZeero
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I tried to download a track mod or skins but to no avail. It always says that I had reached the limit but I haven't downloaded anything yet. Somebody please try to help me. Am I dong anything wrong? I said thank you also before I download. Please somebody help...

18. Bram

Bram

It also says that you need to be logged in :)

19. Bram

Bram

New version is on the way and looks very exciting with the new great features implemented. Hopefully in the coming days installed :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bram

Bram

New version is now online and can be tested. Bugs etc you can post in this thread please