1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doesn't every driving school have one?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,725
    I'm talking about a skid pad. If these things are so good for teaching car control and maybe more[ I hope], why don't we[sim drivers] have one to better ourselves as drivers?

Have I missed something? I can't find a skid pad anywhere. I could use section of the "Top Gear" track but wouldn't it be nice to have a few painted circles of different radii to gain some knowledge?

2. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    HHMMMMM thats interesting!

What really works good is when the put the car on the skid frame and mechanically reduce weight to the tires to simulate low traction in any # of possibilities. Some simple jacking of the front or rear simulates under steer and oversteer to different degrees.

A regular skid pad is for folks taking a "car control clininc" rather than a racing school course.

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,725
    Right! That's what I need and some of the pads circles should have curbs built into the inside.

Let's start with someting like turn one at Obershleven[sp] and go right up to an R300[300R?]!

4. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    LOL

5. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61