Disk Glow No Show?

Ok I have spent a good hour searching this great site in case the subject has been covered etc? :( and all i can find is a post explaining that there is a "Temperature Level" at which the brakes have to be (clever) before they will show? 700 degrees someone wrote? :O_o: although it does not say where to find it? ie HDC,AIW etc.
I have looked at GTR2 "Standard cars" and copied the exact same parameters and the textures, plus checked the name in the top box in 3DSimed, which just says "diskglow" unlike the brake textures which have to have the car names etc.
Long time since i had to ask for help, wouldn't mind but i had diskglow working before, even posted it on You Tube! Durr
:confused:
So please guys, WHAT am i missing? :notworthy::thumbsup:

TT_LEAP.jpg

I can beat that - sometimes I have nearly a thousand views and no replies - it's a personal record I'm trying to achieve at Race Department so I now embrace it. I'm a relative newbie to GTR2 so I can't help you but have you installed the HQ patch. Pretty sure there is options with regards to that in the HQ command exe - if you have maybe it's been disabled there by accident. Failing that someone will know I'm sure but been a heatwave (UK) so I'm guessing sim racing is a tad quiet for some at the moment

Last edited:
Hello @racingmad
You surely know that I just have a basic knowledge in 3D but this is what I found in the Tutorial - Hex editing of the Tutorial Rictus for GTR2:

Brake Disk Glow

Brake Disk Glow is the red image that appears under heavy braking. The material name is "DISCGLOW", you need to hex-edit an original mesh's material properties. You will need to do this for all four mesh's (LF, LR, RF and RR)

And underneath this gif

discglow_hex.gif

That's all I could find about that.

EDIT:
I just found something else: diskglow.dds diskglow00.dds and diskglow01.dds used for the diskglow are files included in the STEX.GTR
Could you check if you have it and if the .cas file at the beginning is perfectly mentioning ( among other ones ): MASFile=stex.gtr

Last edited:
Hey Jempy, A real Gentleman as ever Thank You. Yes we appear to be at the same level when it comes to Disk glow. I have the .dds textures and the disks and the glow from a standard GTR2 original (they all appear to be the same? ) as with SHADOW or COLLISION etc? hex editing is beyond my understanding and likely to stay that way. I had the disks and glow lined up perfectly with my model but no show plus the wheels went haywire. Shame as glowing disc would have looked great in my Motorcycle W.I.P?
but Thank You for the time you spent, Very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I can beat that - sometimes I have nearly a thousand views and no replies - it's a personal record I'm trying to achieve at Race Department so I now embrace it. I'm a relative newbie to GTR2 so I can't help you but have you installed the HQ patch. Pretty sure there is options with regards to that in the HQ command exe - if you have maybe it's been disabled there by accident. Failing that someone will know I'm sure but been a heatwave (UK) so I'm guessing sim racing is a tad quiet for some at the moment
Hey Thanks Dwightyone, yeah im pretty sure i'm missing something basic, as all the "Diskglow" files in a standard GTR2 Car ie:mad: NGT,GT cars are the same, with naming conventions the same too, unlike the Carname?LIGHTS_LF etc? Had some bizzare effects when adding the Disks so had to exclude them for now, Needs a real Physics expert, sadly the only one i know and who email i had left us recently (Phil Jones?) Shame sure he would have known the answer.
Thanks agains :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back