Dirty Windscreen

Skins Dirty Windscreen 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AlfaGunner submitted a new resource:

Dirty Windscreen - Dirty windscreen texture

I created this windscreen skin to make the windscreen dirty, theres bird poo, oil and the odd fly.

I created because I didnt like an invisible windscreen in VR, although this works brilliantly without VR.

It simply replaces the DAMAGE_GLASS file in your texture folder, then adjust an ini and then, every car has its own unique effect (please back up original files).

By fluke it also adds an amazing screen reflection effect on some of the cars!

Zero FPS hit as it is a texture. Please...

Read more about this resource...

I have a question. Can you see this only if the windscreen is broken? Because the texture is for the broken windscreen.
Hi, Thats why you adjust the ini....you start with a broken windscreen ) and instead of a dodgy looking broken screen, you gat a dirty windscreen, replaces an invisible windscreen.

Look forward to trying this out. I don't understand why any sim this day/age doesn't have progressive build up of muck happening. Pretty sure from memory race07 had it a decade ago. But this looks good in the meantime

It's nice, but can you make the resolution bigger and dirt smaller or is that a fixed size? Also can you tone the bugs and bird splatter down a bit so they are not so bright when driving in the sun?

Hi, cheers.
i will increase sharpness, but resolution is not changeable, not an issue with vr though.
some dirt i will improve make smaller in next version.
poo brightness is a realistic effect like in real life )

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Forum trophies