1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt build up on screen

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Bram, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hey guys,

The dirt build up on the windscreen is that possible to be wiped with the screenwhipers during a race? Or should I bring my own cleaning stuff :)

2. You can set the crew to remove it during pitstops as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Ah thanks. Well, i've only done a 45 minute McLaren race so no need to pit. Ill bring my own cloth next time :)

4. it can get so dirty that you will have trouble seeing out of it, assuming you stay right behind a car for every long.

It´s removed automatically in pits but can be unchecked in a black box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yep, but that is only for masochists.
    I ran only three laps behind a late model trailing dark smoke and the track details were basically invisible. best dirt-on-screen simulation I have seen so far.

6. Yeah, I love it, I just wish there was a way to wash it off at least in cars that have wipers.

7. In real racing they use their wipers as less as possible, even if it rains. Because of the rubber build up you create lines and bad visibility.

You will never see a racedriver clean his windows as you would do with your road car :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you clean off dirt while it´s dry you will only make things worse.

You´ll create one big dirt-rainbow ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, but it should be possible to hang outside the window and clean the windshield like that!!! :)

10. or have one of these little cleaner fish or birds which we see with bigger fish and elephants, they look nimble enough to do the job even at high speed:D.

11. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

The streetcars should have wiper fluid.
    And you should be able to make it splash on somebody behind you as you can on the Autobahn :-D

• Like Like x 1