• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Difficulty Slider - How to set it prefectly

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by Meff28s, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    I was curious to know exactly how the brand new difficulty slider works. So I've tested it for several tracks to see how 1 diff. point will increase/drecrease AI lap time. Then 2 pts.. 3 pts.. etc...

Here are my results for Spa (base difficulty 75 & from 70 to 80) :
    [​IMG]

What we can see is that difficulty change on a linear curve. Precisely +/- 0.135s/lap. What it means is that for Spa, if you notice that you are 0.530s slower than your team mate but you'd like to be 0.150s faster, you have to slow down AI of 0.680s, which is almost exactly 5 difficulty points

I've made the same test in Austria (base difficulty 75 & from 70 to 80) :
    [​IMG]
    We can notice that difficulty still change on a linear curve... but not +/- 0.135s/lap. This time it is 0.085s/lap !
    It means that this "difficulty gap" (don't know how to name it) changes for each race. I'll test them all and sum up the results here to help you set your difficulty exactly the way you want it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 4
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    I don't have the game, but kudos to your effort. The final/complete tracks table would be very helpful for setting up custom races. :thumbsup:

3. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    It still amuses me to see that the two RB drivers are so painfully weak in this game that Massa tends to outpace them.

Good work, OP.

4. ParkYongLee

ParkYongLee

Ratings:
    +226
    So it's like every year then. Before we edited the xml files to adjust the decimal numbers, now we have the slider but still each track has a different default AI speed/difficulty.

5. Coffer

Coffer

Ratings:
    +69
    This is pretty much the case in every game with AI in it, sim or not. AMS is no different.

6. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    And Ocon too?! :confused:

7. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,015
    Great work and very interesting. Thanks, now go and get a job or something ;)

• Haha Haha x 1