1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn't realise you can resume a race!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by kamackeris, Nov 17, 2015.

1. kamackeris

Premium Member

Just found out you can view a replay and resume at the point you get up to! Why isn't that advertised anywhere? Brilliant! I can do longer race! Or continue just before I threw it away!

On top of this by enabling me to run longer races.... Does the ai pit properly for fuel/tyres?
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. It is in the Features part of the RF2 website:
    – “Resume from Replay” allows you to rejoin a race from a saved replay

The AI will pit for Tires and/or fuel when needed yes, plus as of the latest Build this became quite a major addition:
    - Added tire wear info to results file. Also, resume-from-replay now restores general tire wear.

Enjoy :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. From what I've read, the people who use this feature use their pitstop as a breaking point. Then when they resume from a replay they are stationary and it makes it a lot easier than trying to restart from a place where you're already traveling 150+ mph on track.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Indeed, move the replay to the straight, just before or after your pitsstop. But don't resume in the pit.
  5. I've not done this yet myself so explain please. What happens if you do it while you're on the jacks?
  6. kamackeris

Premium Member

I quickly tried this before work and one thing I noticed on restart was my pit speed limiter was on (I was on the home straight). Is this a bug?
  7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

You're trapped in the pit lane. The pit lane will remain closed. If you exit the pit you'll get a S&G...

It's reported on the ISI forum. I'm sure ISI will work on a sollution... :) If it's quick fix, it will be in the next build. If not, it may take awhile. :sleep:
  8. So it's not just a matter of being in your pit box? If you're anywhere on pit lane you're going to get trapped? I've tried it a couple of times in the past where I restored to a point on a straight and even then I had either the limiter problem or I immediately spun out because I didn't have the wheel aligned exactly as I had it before I unpaused the run.
  9. I tried the replay rejoin a few times, worked perfect every time, but I always waited for a straight not from the pit.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I always pit, drive out then resume from that point, always worked for me (including this latest build).
  11. I can't figure out how you guys are doing this.
    Can someone please give a step-by-step guide on how to do this.
  12. kamackeris

Premium Member

Every time you play rf2 it records a replay. When you start rf2 if you go to options and select replay then select the replay of your last race you can at any point whilst viewing the replay press the resume button and resume from that point
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wow that is cool!
    Will try it out thanks.
  14. kamackeris

Premium Member

its good for when you stuff your race up like i just did now lol
    • Like Like x 1