Did Sergio just leak his contract extension?

It seems post race Sergio may have leaked that he has already signed a contract extension with RBR for at least one more year?

Source: https://formula1news.co.uk/did-perez-just-leak-that-hes-signed-a-new-contract-with-red-bull/

What are your thoughts on this? Personally I am thrilled, I think he has done a great job since joining the team and has shown tremendous progress with this years car. I know some will argue they should promote Gasly or one of their youth program drivers but I think they have a great team dynamic right now. I also see no reason to make a lineup change when you have two mature drivers who can cope with the pressure of a front team expected to fight for wins every week.

Good move from RBR. Only other quality option would be Gasly but he must have seduced the teamboss' wife or something as he will not get a shot anymore.
It does in fact seem he must have ruffled some feathers while in the main team as at no point did a return really seem on the cards. Perhaps he could slot in nicely at Mclaren if they end up dropping Riccardo.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back