Tracks Default Draw Distance?

I'm curious what the default draw distance is in Assetto Corsa. The reason I ask is I'd like to add a giant mountain in the background of my track (Mt Rainier), but if I made it to a realistic scale it would be about 70km away. The mountain is huge and adds a lot of charm to the area/track, so I wanted to bring it closer and scale it down because I doubt the camera can see that far away, but I want to keep it as large and far away as possible to keep the parallax effect to a minimum.
Thanks in advance!

this is default from "assettocorsa\cfg\video.ini":
[CUBEMAP]
FARPLANE=500

you may already have a custom setting in
"...Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini":
[CUBEMAP]
FARPLANE=960

atm i cant find what setting this corresponds to in AC or CM ui....those are meters so you really have to settle with a value like 2000/4000 or something, there is also some kind of fog that is always present...

Last edited:
Default in AC is on the order of 5-10km, I think CSP can upgrade it to 15km ish. It's not really how the game determines how far to render objects; anything on a track with high level of detail will just have its far culling distance set manually to the distance where you'll never see it (or, if it has an lod, the switchover distance), and cars of course have their own lod distances.

Last edited:
this is default from "assettocorsa\cfg\video.ini":
[CUBEMAP]
FARPLANE=500
Afaik that's just the render distance on cubemaps, via CM it's set on settings>ac>video> Reflections, Rendering distance slider. No idea how much newer csp reflection optimizations can override that.

Some versions ago, CSP introduced an experimental [Material_DistantGeometry] thing to compress very far geometry into view, a bit of documentation is found commented under link above that section. It's now disabled on the github lac config (which was used to experiment it), but I remember it causing an increase of cpu usage and flickering on distant objs.

I thought csp render distance was changed under the csp>graphics adjustments>Adaptive clip planes, Far plane (m), so the above compresses geo to fall under that max distance. But tbf, I've never messed with it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back