Deciding what monitor to buy in order to optimize upgrade path

Building my first sim racing rig right now and I've got the wheel/cockpit/pedals and all that figured out but I'm hitting a wall in terms of monitors. Eventually I want 1080p triples running 100+ fps minimum in all games (ACC, iRacing, etc, willing to sacrifice some settings where necessary) but my current card won't achieve that (specs below). I also play some FPS games and plan to use a lot of different software (photoshop/FL/Premiere Pro/etc). My main question is, would it make sense to buy a 1440p mid-refresh monitor now (like an LG 27GL83A-B) and then buy two LG 24GN600-B later on when I upgrade GPU, running the 1440p monitor in 1080p when its on the sim rig and in 1440p when its on my desk? Or will that cause a lot of issues that wont be worth it. I would really like to have 1440p for FPS games and other stuff, plus I'll be using whatever monitor I buy now as a single on my sim rig for a while. I plan on using some kid of VESA quick release system for the center monitor either way so I can switch back and forth easily. I've heard that 1440p 27 in monitors look bad when running at 1080 but is it that much worse than a regular 1080p monitor looks at 27 inches? Would it even matter that much for sim racing?

Current PC Specs
Ryzen 7 2700x
GTX 1660 6GB
Gets about 85 fps average in ACC max settings at 1080p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering