Daytona 1960s 1970s

Tracks Daytona 1960s 1970s 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Got the same error message as RcBill28. Tried downloading McDaniel's link w/o success. Any help getting this track up and running would be greatyy appreciated. Thanx. SS

First of all, thanks for this track! It's great for those of us who love the vintage racing! But I do have one problem:

Because I have an older video card, I don't use PPFs when I am racing. Without a PPF, even in cloudy weather, the track is often overexposed to the point of being undriveable. I'm not sure why, and I don't have these problems with any other tracks of this quality. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but if so I hope it is something that can be addressed.

Here is a screenshot. Using CSP 0.1.79, weather set to Broken Clouds, time set to 14:30.

Screenshot_rtm_chaparral_2d_1966_daytona_70_16-7-123-8-58-11.jpg

There's a little mistake with the downloaded archive. The daytona_70 folder is misplaced outside the tracks folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 35
Thank you for your work here.......
Just a couple of things for me....i like the smoke but it is way too much, the infield has lots of bbq's and bonfires in real life, just not as intense. I played with smoke settings in ext_config.ini file reducing some numbers...more realistic for me, could do with an orange fire glow at base of fire though.
Someone suggested lighting in infield from camp sites at night ... great idea
Also in attached photos, banking had white lines on bends.
Way too many spectators in stands, most people on infield at 24 hours.

Please dont take comments as criticism, i'm loving your work here :):)

Attachments

• 36982614313_d452285908_o.jpg
    36982614313_d452285908_o.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 38
  • ext_config.ini
    10.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Pace-lap-for-the-1967-Daytona-24-Hour-race_.jpg
    Pace-lap-for-the-1967-Daytona-24-Hour-race_.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Because I have an older video card, I don't use PPFs when I am racing. Without a PPF, even in cloudy weather, the track is often overexposed to the point of being undriveable. I'm not sure why, and I don't have these problems with any other tracks of this quality. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but if so I hope it is something that can be addressed.

The changes you've made to the latest version (1.1) have completely fixed this problem! Thank you - the track looks great!

hi RcDaniel, I'm loving the track for vintage races! I found a light glitch not if is a problem on my part or is it the mod. Just raced 1967 24hrs Daytona and at night the sun rays still appear at a few corners that blind you completely, the rest of the track is pretty much pitch black where there are no lights, as it should be, but those sun rays are really disturbing. I used time scale x10 for a 60lap race, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Do you think is something on my side wrong settings or something?. Thank you very much, cheers!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.1%