Dashmeter not working

I have downloaded "DashMeterPlugin_v1_24_rf2_x64.zip" and put the contents in "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins", but the plugin does not show in the in-game menu.. I have set the "preferences.ini" to the i.p. of my tablet. I have installed C++ 2010 and 2013, and made sure it's the rfactor 2 version on my tablet, but it still doesn't work. When I run the test I get the "DashMeterCom communication OK" on my tablet, but I can't see the plugin in rfactor options. What have I missed?

My PCARS/AC version works fine and this version used to work the last time I tried it about 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Same issue with me. I have been sweating over it for 2 days now. If I force 32 bit option in rfactor launcher, I am able to see DashmeterPlugin.dll (I have put respective dll files along with correct preferences in both Bin32 and Bin64) under Custom Hardware Plugins in the rfactor menu but when I run the game in normal 64 bit mode, I dont see DashmeterPlugin_x64.dll in the menu. I have tried everything now but to no avail.

@Matt Horst I have been using Dashmeter Pro for a year now and like I mentioned, I know that i have to use 64 bit dll which goes inside Bin64/plugins, but I cant' see the DashmeterPlugin_x64.dll in the rfactor2 menu, and obviously if it doesnt show up there, it can't work. On the other hand I also put 32 bit dll along with preferences.ini inside Bin32/Plugins folder and forced rfactor to 32 bit mode, in which cae I can see DashmeterPlugin.dll in the menu.. So, it's just the 64 bit version which is not working (showing up in Custom Harware Plugins in rfactor menu). I re-installed rfactor, downloaded all the 32 bit and 64 bit C++ distributables but nothing.

To add further, it worked fine on my laptop.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%