Dashboard lights go off with the headlights

Hello,
I got a problem, when I turn on/off headlights the dashboard lights are also affected by that. Is there any way to make dashboard lights on all the time and control only headlights?
Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-27 222347.jpg

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-27 222305.jpg

in lights.ini:
each light has a separate section. You have to figure out which is the section for the lights you want to change.
In each section, the line COLOR= has 3 numbers after it separated by commas. The 3 values are red, green, blue values to set the color of the light, and the brightness (bigger values are brighter).

If you add another line called OFF_COLOR= and use the same format, you can set a separate color and brightness for the light to use when it would otherwise normally be "off".

The function of OFF_COLOR seems to depend what kind of light it is. I don't know if it will work for dashboard lights, but I think it probably would.

If you do this for brake lights, then the OFF_COLOR is only used when the headlights are turned on and the brakes are not being pressed. In that case it's for simulating the dual intensity lights that are dimmer with the headlights on, but get brighter when you push the brake.

But if you do this for other, regular lights that are not brake lights, then it will cause them to just stay on when the headlights are off. I have done this for a tail light on a car that is always on in real life. It worked.

If the car you're working with has an extension/ folder, then that might change everything and editing lights.ini won't work as expected.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.