Custom Livery Template for Paint.Net (with Guide) [SemiMoMods]

MyTeam Custom Livery Template for Paint.Net (with Guide) [SemiMoMods] v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
MyTeam items for the F1 games
poostick submitted a new resource:

Custom Livery Template for Paint.Net (with Guide) - A Template to make your own livery with using Paint.Net (Free!)

So, here's a template that hopefully anybody no matter what creative skill you contain, will be able to create your own custom livery!

Things you will need:
Paint.Net: https://www.getpaint.net/
Paint.Net DDS Plugin: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111731-dds-filetype-plus-06-14-2023/
EGO Erp Archiver 9.1: https://p2t5r.itch.io/ego-erp-archi...OjE2ODkxNDk5NzV9.fh+h3iy+DaNpirs5OZFnIgcyTso=
SemiModularMods Base...

Read more about this resource...

Hey,
That's really awesome and looks simple for people like me lol.
I just don't understand how you do that :
"Once you've placed all your sponsors and logos over the marked areas, you can select the 'Background' layer and start removing them:"
If i select background layer and i delete, this is deleting the layer and not examples sponsors.
How can i select them ?
Many thanks,

Hey,
That's really awesome and looks simple for people like me lol.
I just don't understand how you do that :
"Once you've placed all your sponsors and logos over the marked areas, you can select the 'Background' layer and start removing them:"
If i select background layer and i delete, this is deleting the layer and not examples sponsors.
How can i select them ?
Many thanks,
This is a very quick and dirty example but:
1689155700899.png

Make sure nothing is highlighted (just press escape)
Then click on Background.

Then using the Lasso Tool you can just select all the areas you want to remove and press 'Delete':
1689155762962.png

Then simply select the colour using the Colour Picker, and then Fill all the deleted spaces:
1689155840365.png

You need to make sure that when you add your custom sponsors that they are adding on a new layer. and not being added to the background layer:
1689155875340.png

Would I need photoshop (i read the required things, however youtube tutorials all say I need photoshop to make a livery or helmet)
thanks and sorry
If you're making a livery from scratch, yes, most likely. As with photoshop you can get the 3D model to design with.
But with this template, you do not need photoshop. This is for people who want to make their own livery based on this simple but sleek design.

If you're making a livery from scratch, yes, most likely. As with photoshop you can get the 3D model to design with.
But with this template, you do not need photoshop. This is for people who want to make their own livery based on this simple but sleek design.
Ahhh I get it
Template livery looks great, is there anyway to be able to change the base white colour to another other colour or texture (metallic, matte etc). Im new to PC and this is my first time doing this :)
Thanks

Ahhh I get it
Template livery looks great, is there anyway to be able to change the base white colour to another other colour or texture (metallic, matte etc). Im new to PC and this is my first time doing this :)
Thanks
Of course, the template is designed in a simplistic way to simply change the colours once youve replaced all the 'Sponsor' text placements.
1689163322599.png

Here's an example of me changing the colours for a Japanese Special GP:
1689163771137.png

As for the finish, I will be updating resource with a couple in the coming days but for now you need to alter the livery_audi_01_s.tif with a different colour for different finishes. This package is green (which is Matte)
1689163407599.png

But for others, simply export the _s texture, and replace the green with the following colour:
Matte: #009600
Satin: #ff7d00
Glossy: #ff3500
Chrome: #0018bd
Metallic/Chrome: #0035ce
Metallic: #ff35ef

Like I say, I'll provide all of these in an update soonTM

Last edited:
This is a very quick and dirty example but:
View attachment 679250
Make sure nothing is highlighted (just press escape)
Then click on Background.

Then using the Lasso Tool you can just select all the areas you want to remove and press 'Delete':
View attachment 679251

Then simply select the colour using the Colour Picker, and then Fill all the deleted spaces:
View attachment 679252

You need to make sure that when you add your custom sponsors that they are adding on a new layer. and not being added to the background layer:
View attachment 679253
Many thanks !

Of course, the template is designed in a simplistic way to simply change the colours once youve replaced all the 'Sponsor' text placements.
View attachment 679261

Here's an example of me changing the colours for a Japanese Special GP:
View attachment 679263

As for the finish, I will be updating resource with a couple in the coming days but for now you need to alter the livery_audi_01_s.tif with a different colour for different finishes. This package is green (which is Matte)
View attachment 679262

But for others, simply export the _s texture, and replace the green with the following colour:
Matte: #009600
Satin: #ff7d00
Glossy: #ff3500
Chrome: #0018bd
Metallic/Chrome: #0035ce
Metallic: #ff35ef

Like I say, I'll provide all of these in an update soonTM
Sounds amazing, thanks so much and goodluck
really good work

What other car liveries can I replace as I don't have the audi livery unlocked (bought the game from EA this year instead rather than steam :thumbsdown: )

Dumb question, but how do I get the logos to be even. Is there a tool in paint.net that allows me to make the sponsors look even? I made one with Koenigsegg just to test it and see what it looks like and on one side, it looks nice, but on the other side, one of the g's at the end of the word Koenigsegg is missing. Great stuff though.

thanks for this tutorial it really helped me and could you also upload a version for suits and helmets etc?? Maybe also more default liveries would be nice. But nontheless nice work.

Last edited:
thanks for this tutorial it really helped me and could you also upload a version for suits and helmets etc?? Maybe also more default liveries would be nice. But nontheless nice work.
ROADMAP (Depending on Demand)
Livery ✅
Livery Underbody ✅
Emblem ✅
Halo Sticker ✅
Steering Wheel
Alternative Material Types
Driver Suit
Driver Boots
Driver Gloves
Driver Cap
Driver Helmet