General custom driver model

has anyone figured out how to get a custom driver model to work in ac? i dont mean a skin swap or head swap, an actual custom driver. ive tried to get one working but it just turns into spaghetti when i try to use it in game.

As long as it's animated spaghetti you're actually pretty close. Basically just toggle every export setting on fbx animations until it works. (scaling method, axes) There really isn't a "do this, it works" - make sure your bone names match the Kunos ones if you can, and the rest is up to you to find out something that works.

Also you are making it about 100x harder if you want it to work on existing animations. It is much better to export driver + driver animations at the same time, on the same export settings, for the same car+seating position.

Last edited:
As long as it's animated spaghetti you're actually pretty close. Basically just toggle every export setting on fbx animations until it works. (scaling method, axes) There really isn't a "do this, it works" - make sure your bone names match the Kunos ones if you can, and the rest is up to you to find out something that works.

Also you are making it about 100x harder if you want it to work on existing animations. It is much better to export driver + driver animations at the same time, on the same export settings, for the same car+seating position.
damn i had a feeling, so im guessing i have to make a unique animation for that specific armature? i was hoping that wouldnt be the case. but ive realized while trying to troubleshoot if i remove the steering animation the driver model stops wigging out but, t posing in the middle of the car is not what i want the driver to do

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back