Cube Controls F-Pro Usage and Observations?

NetLawMan

Premium
Hi.
Got my F-Pro today. I am a bit surprised they I am having a hard time ergonomically. The grips are like a hard plastic which I find very unpleasant. The back of the grips are pointy, creating a pressure point on my fingers. All of the gloves I have and use with all my other wheels don’t seem to grip well, meaning I have to squeeze real hard to maintain control - thereby exaggerating the pain.

Any F-Pro users with recommendations? How to improve comfort? Which gloves? If I can’t address this. I will have to send it back which I don’t want to do.

Thanks.

I am moving to simucube but finding a wheel that actually performs to the high prices is a pain in the ass. Seems I am stuck finding the best of the worst options and paying premium for it

Did you end up keeping it? or what did you end up with?

I decided to keep it. I found I was able to largely eliminate the problem by using a quality pair of karting gloves (picked Alpine Stars). The grip of the gloves allowed me to reduce how much I have to “squeeze” the wheel. It is a good wheel beyond that and I appreciate the lighted buttons and layout, as well as Bluetooth connection. It is noticably more solid than my Fanatec 2.5x and other similarly spec’d wheels seem to cost more (Gomez, Grid, sim Engineering). It is not the easiest thing to attach to the Fanatec podium hub.

I decided to keep it. I found I was able to largely eliminate the problem by using a quality pair of karting gloves (picked Alpine Stars). The grip of the gloves allowed me to reduce how much I have to “squeeze” the wheel. It is a good wheel beyond that and I appreciate the lighted buttons and layout, as well as Bluetooth connection. It is noticably more solid than my Fanatec 2.5x and other similarly spec’d wheels seem to cost more (Gomez, Grid, sim Engineering). It is not the easiest thing to attach to the Fanatec podium hub.
How are the thumb encoders? I have heard from a number of people they arent that great since they sometimes miss clicks when turning

How are the thumb encoders? I have heard from a number of people they arent that great since they sometimes miss clicks when turning
We’ll speak of the devil. I just started assigning buttons today and I am having issues. First clicks/turns often don’t register. Quick turns of dials (such as for brake bias) don’t have the intended effect. For example, I expect a quick turn of the knob 7 clicks will change the traction control by 7 clicks. Sometimes it changes by only 3 for example.

Ughhh - I sent a note to their tech support. I wonder if it is a Bluetooth issue.

We’ll speak of the devil. I just started assigning buttons today and I am having issues. First clicks/turns often don’t register. Quick turns of dials (such as for brake bias) don’t have the intended effect. For example, I expect a quick turn of the knob 7 clicks will change the traction control by 7 clicks. Sometimes it changes by only 3 for example.

Ughhh - I sent a note to their tech support. I wonder if it is a Bluetooth issue.
So to make sure... You turn the thumb encoder 7 times and it only registers 3? If so, then that sucks.

Have you tried assigning all encoders and seeing if all do that? I would be interested to know whether more encoders (both the blue thumb and the ones inside of the grip) do that. Because if only 1 out of 4 vs 2/3 out of 4 act up then it would give you an idea whether its the hardware or the software side.

Have you tried the 7 ways encoders? I was wondering how good they were.

btw, I have seen people use Wilson raquet grip to make the grips more comfortable.

Let me know if more encoders give you issues.

Cheers

Check out this thread about the encoder

Thanks. It seems my issue is different. It’s also a different wheel model.

I have two issues:
(1) initial clicks don’t always register [ex: flipping the switch at the top “up” doesn’t turn on the wipers. The second flip (down) does register, which of course messes up the game as down becomes “on” and up becomes “off”]. This lack of registering the initial press is also very visible in the ACC button assignment setup screen where it is usually the second or third push of a button that is seen by ACC.

(2) quick rotation of the knobs and dials does not register all of the clicks. This makes it a lot harder to achieve certain certain changes [such as moving brake bias from 60 to 57 in ACC where each click adjusts BB by 0.2 - i.e., 15 clicks are needed to make the change]

From my perspective, support has been responsive given the time zone difference. They have asked me to see if the issues persist in usb mode and also to check the clicks in a tool they recommended. Who knows, maybe the issue is ACC.

I will update here once I try what they suggested.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 56.2%