CTD, no clue from trace

I have combined two Gallardo mods, both used similar physics just different models, so I moved all the car folders, .cas file, and .gtr files from one to the other and referenced the .car files to the proper .hdc files. Usually this works with no problem, but not now.

The "new" cars appear in the menu and on the spinner, select one and the track gets almost fully loaded (bar all the way to the right), then CTD. Trace file merely shows:

"vehgfx.cpp 2587: Entered VehGraphics::Init(GAMEDATA\TEAMS\GT3\LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO GT3\06_I-CITY\..\GALLARDO_06_GT3.CAS)
LensFlare.cp 55: Entered LensFlare::Init()
camera.cpp 4189: Entered CamMan::Init()
sound.cpp 728: Entered Sound::Init()
render.cpp 274: Entered Render::Init()
onscreen.cpp 3167: Entered OnScreen::Init()
AnimationLoa 40: Animations disabled
game.cpp 905: Entered Game::Restart()
sound.cpp 735: Entered Sound::Restart()
steward.cpp 4978: Entered Steward::Restart()
specialfx.cp 4186: Entered SpecialFX::Restart()
hwinput.cpp 6595: Entered HWInput::Restart()
dynman.cpp 770: Entered DynMan::Restart()
driver.cpp 628: Race Ability: 4.770043 CorneringAdd: 1.114979"

The same every time, the last line is seemingly irrelevant since I'm only loading one car (numbers are different each time). I've checked and double checked all file references and paths.

What (probably embarrassingly simple) item have I overlooked?

I am not very good at these things, but just maybe, if I talk enough bullshit, you might be reminded of what the problem might be.
I would presume that since you copied a known good SP file that it's not some silly suspension geometry setting. Next, one of the lines in the Cas file is most likely referencing something buggy. Me being a bit simple, I would try choosing low or med quality for the cars because this will load a different set of mesh files and maybe find the offender through elimination. Then I would open the GTR files and double-check if some extra texture has been added and might be named wrong or in the incorrect format.

Last edited:
Maybe your car is the same base but I guess these are not the same version : I mean maybe one is more recent with gmt/genstring updates, like EEC mod V2.X/V3.X which use same base but they are not compatible. Same for my mods as I update 3d gmt quite often, retrocompatibility is null.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 56 56.0%