CSL DD - Device not found

manu68

Premium
Hi.
I just want to share with you a situation I encountered the Last evening with my csl DD.

The wheel is about brand new, all has been working perfectly until now and yesterday i got the problem "no device found".

Of course i unplugged, plug the wheel again, restarted the Pc, checked everything, no way to make the wheel recognized.

I thought that it maybe be due to the recent install of Windows 11, but my intuition was that it was not the main cause of the problem.

I was about to think that the wheelbase was broken, when i had the idea to look deeper into the fanatec driver itself. I had the good idea to read again the driver install manual, and discover that there is a "repair" function within the installer

I just relaunched the driver installer, repair button, and all is working perfectly.

I ignore why the driver has been corrupted ( it may happen after all). I just hope it could help some of you , just in case.

Don't forget to try the repair function if you are facing this annoying situation.

Hmm, I might have to give this a try.

Had a CSW 2.5. Uninstalled driver and Fanalab and deleted all settings. Reinstalled after reboot and calibrated CSL DD 8Nm. FFB was very weak in all games.
Did the same thing over. Dove a bit in AMS2 and it worked great, then after a while, FFB, pedals and button functionality gone, but could still steer somehow. Now it happens within 2 corners after driving out of the pit.

I had something like this before on my CSW 2.5 on my previous PC. It would flip out after a few corners but would jank the wheel full FFB to the left full power and would give a buttkicker a run for it's money on the end of travel. After countless driver reinstalls and firmware up and downgrades. Somehow I found a usb port that solved all issues. Never ran into any on new pc.

Also having the issue that H-pattern mode on the SQ 1.5 shifter doesn't work. If selected the wheel will go into calibration mode for the shifter, but it won't let you actually calibrate.
But the base functioning is a prio for now.

Last edited:
I guess it's going to be an RMA as it went from weak FFB to Good FFB > to loss of functionality in game > to disconnection of base in game > to temporary disconnection of wheels on turning on driver page and complete loss in game > to now completely not recognizing my wheel rims anymore.

That is if I can actually get a ticket through as it keeps "Please enter a message and a subject" on me even though everything is filled and checked etc.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea