Crystal Palace 1969

Tracks Crystal Palace 1969 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
zwiss submitted a new resource:

Crystal Palace 1969 - At last...

End of 2018 fabr06 gave me permission to convert his Crystal Palace rF2 track to AC. Within a few hours the track was up and running, but after finding pictures and video's from the track in the era, I decided to change and rebuild... almost everything. Then real life and other tracks got in the way... but here at last is the v1.0.
I spend many many hours in 3DS MAX and Photoshop, but it's always nice to get some help for the final tweaks.
Please read the README for more info and credits...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Zwiss, Great work, thanks!
On the first lap the AI took an unfortunate line along the pit straight...
(something something mesh, maybe? I don't know anything about making tracks..)
Untitled 25.png

Can something be done with this little 'extension' dirt road of the track and make it solid? If you out brake yourself or go sideways through that wall opening and onto that road, you can hope that you can stop the car there and return on the track. But that road has no surface so the car falls through into oblivion. Or at least put the cursed hay bales to block it off... :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Can something be done with this little 'extension' dirt road of the track and make it solid? If you out brake yourself or go sideways through that wall opening and onto that road, you can hope that you can stop the car there and return on the track. But that road has no surface so the car falls through into oblivion. Or at least put the cursed hay bales to block it off... :D

View attachment 698001
Fixed :)

zwiss updated Crystal Palace 1969 with a new update entry:

Crystal Palace v1.5 by ZWISS

Update 1.5
==========
Fixed holes next to the pit wall and in the escape road before New Link (3rd corner).
Added more objects, refined some tuned some shaders and textures
Paddock area has been modified, new building added, more vehicles added.
The Northern infield has been remodeled:
- infield roads are real roads now (maybe a genuine pre-war version will come)
- a missing pond has been added with the Crystal Palace Bowl (concert stage build in 1961)
(my favourite seventies band is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Zwiss -

After a few weeks of no time for racing, I got back on this track again yesterday, only to find that I was suddenly trapped in a Winter wonderland. I turned off seasonal adjustments in the CSP settings, but still had bare trees and snow on the ground. I was finally able to force the date into June (from the CM "Quick Drive" tab) and got the track looking green again, but the replays of the races I ran are right back to being snowy and gray.

I should add that the first version didn't have these issues for me. I will try to roll back to that one later and see if it makes a difference.

Any idea what I could be causing this, and how I can fix it? Thanks a million!

EDIT: I ended up going into the ext_config,ini file and editing it by removing the settings for Winter, and that solved the problem. It's not the most clean or elegant solution, but at least now I can drive in weather that isn't snow.

Last edited:
Hey, excited to try this track. unfortunately if I start in the Lotus 25, I get a front right toe in the vehicle of 38 degrees so I cant drive in a straight line. If I start in any other car, it just keeps flipping upside down in the pitlane. When the track loads I have to hang on to the wheel for dear life as it tries to spin violently.. really want to try this track but no idea whats going on here..

CRYSTAL PALACE ... yes unchecking the seasonal variation boxes in CSP settings did the trick and the gray//white trres and grass became green, thanks for the beautiful track...

CRYSTAL PALACE ... yes unchecking the seasonal variation boxes in CSP settings did the trick and the gray//white trres and grass became green, thanks for the beautiful track...
I must be missing something. I unchecked it in CSP settings under the weather tab. Is there somewhere else I need to uncheck it?

Hey, excited to try this track. unfortunately if I start in the Lotus 25, I get a front right toe in the vehicle of 38 degrees so I cant drive in a straight line. If I start in any other car, it just keeps flipping upside down in the pitlane. When the track loads I have to hang on to the wheel for dear life as it tries to spin violently.. really want to try this track but no idea whats going on here..
I updated to the the latest public CSP v0.2.0 today, the track drives as it should.

I must be missing something. I unchecked it in CSP settings under the weather tab. Is there somewhere else I need to uncheck it?
Change these two lines in the track_adjustments.ini:

[SEASONS]
ALLOW_ADJUSTMENTS=1 ; Use seasons; Never is 0, With date set is 1, Always on is 2

[SEASONS_DEV]

ALLOW_ADJUSTMENTS=1 ; Allow seasonal adjustments (keep material adjustments altering surface colors to match the season); 1 or 0

I had to adjust both to 0

Change these two lines in the track_adjustments.ini:

[SEASONS]
ALLOW_ADJUSTMENTS=1 ; Use seasons; Never is 0, With date set is 1, Always on is 2

[SEASONS_DEV]

ALLOW_ADJUSTMENTS=1 ; Allow seasonal adjustments (keep material adjustments altering surface colors to match the season); 1 or 0

I had to adjust both to 0

I just discovered there is a handy .pdf included in the track folder that explains how to turn off seasonal adjustments, which I hadn't noticed before. Turns out that I had to also untick the box in the CSP Settings "Track Adjustment" tab. Didn't realize I had to do it in two places!

I'm still struggling with the winter season here. Pure 0.222 and CSP 0.2.1p2. If I set "Use seasons" to "Never" in Track adjustments, it's always winter. If I enable seasons and set a summer date, everything is good.

But I don't want to use seasonal adjustments.

Edit:

@Eck Simpson Setting the [SEASONS_DEV] parameter you suggested fixes it for me - it disables all seasonal adjustments, it seems. If I want to enable them again, I have to edit the file manually, but that's ok for now, considering I don't want any seasonal adjustments. Ever.

Guessing this is a CSP bug. It does't affect all tracks, though. For me, it happens to this one and zw_croft, and probably some more tracks I haven't driven since the CSP update.

Last edited:
If I set "Use seasons" to "Never" in Track adjustments, it's always winter. If I enable seasons and set a summer date, everything is good.

Did you also turn off the seasons in CSP Settings>Weather FX>Miscellaneous>Use seasonal adjustments? And for me, once I did both, I had to make sure to save it as a preset since I use the Presets Per Mode setting in the AC Settings.

Having to do it twice - Weather FX and Track Adjustments - and then make sure to save the setting is what threw me off.

Did you also turn off the seasons in CSP Settings>Weather FX>Miscellaneous>Use seasonal adjustments? And for me, once I did both, I had to make sure to save it as a preset since I use the Presets Per Mode setting in the AC Settings.

Having to do it twice - Weather FX and Track Adjustments - and then make sure to save the setting is what threw me off.
Since CSP version 0.2.0 there is no such option in Weather FX. The only seasonal adjustments option is now found in Track Adjustments. Which makes sense, to have this option in one single place instead of two..

And that's what leads me to the idea that this most likely is a transitionary bug, because the seasonal adjustments work just fine in 0.1.79.

Since CSP version 0.2.0 there is no such option in Weather FX. The only seasonal adjustments option is now found in Track Adjustments. Which makes sense, to have this option in one single place instead of two..

And that's what leads me to the idea that this most likely is a transitionary bug, because the seasonal adjustments work just fine in 0.1.79.

Ah, I see. I haven't yet made the switch to 2.0. You're right - having it in one place is much better! (Though if it were up to me I'd put it under Weather and not Track Adjustments.)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%