Creating tracks on GSC

Hi everybody.

As a player, I really think that GSC needs more tracks to seduce poeple.
I know that the patch will contain new track layouts but I think the game needs famous tracks like Spa or Barcelona for instance.
driving on GSC is so so immersive : even Brasilia, with 4 "simple" turns, needs a real practice!
Every road detail is feeled properly... Great.
I try to imagine such a feeling with classical tracks...

So, does anybody interested in rendering a track on GSC?
Perhaps it is possible with an existant model of Rfactor?

I don't think I would have the skills to do this...

I hope its not possible. The charme of this game is that all tracks are in high quality. I don't want those ancient converterted tracks from rFactor to appear in this game.

Yes the amount of tracks is limited but in the end the drivers will know the tracks good and the quality of online racing can only benefit from that.

I prefer the stock content with some additional work from Alex over a stream of rFactor content.

i totally agree with bram.

allready discussed on others thread about gmotor2. Some very good rfactor mod with good realfeel/leoffb give same effect. (drm 1.1, formula armaroli, ...).

joke: why not just put their v8 cars inside rfactor , it could be more simple and stay game stock car coherent like it should be ;)

I talked about timelife of the game, and I talked about Tracks, not cars.
How many championship can you do with 12 circuits.
I have a championship planned with GSC in my league.
After this, free races on the same circuits always and always?
Are you saying that, finally, buying Rf 1 or 2 is better for timelife?

If Game Stock Car must stay game stock car, why has Alex released Vanport or Jerez? They are not SC tracks...

There will be 6 extra layouts released soon for the existing tracks. And I will get round to Jerez eventually, when I can find motivation.

There are no real plans to allow modding. Mostly as I'd expect it to massively devaluate the content available. If you want millions of tracks you already have rFactor there. This is to show you what top notch quality tracks and cars feel like. Put some flat pan Codemasters conversion in there will not magically make it look or feel amazing.

Besides there are very few tracks that are scratch built or made with a road surface modelled correctly to produce the correct feeling with the physics. And there is no way we would allow people to release conversions of tracks from other commercial products.

(fwiw, Jerez, Vanport and Putnam Park were all technically very good anyway, if a little unrefined and didn't need much work. Things like Livet Glen I haven't touched as technically it's very poor. As it was my first ever project of course)

I talked about timelife of the game, and I talked about Tracks, not cars.
How many championship can you do with 12 circuits.

Infinite actually. This community started with RACE 06. A game with only 10 tracks (of which one sucked so hard it couldnt be properly used) and on those 9 remaining tracks we had the most awesome races for almost two years.

Driving level was insanely high!

So i dont mind 12 stock tracks at all.

Don't you think that some other persons can make good tracks...?

A very limited amount of people can create top quality scratch build content. That is why we support Bob's Track Builder: create don't convert.

Big respect too all modders out there that create content themselves! Converting is easy and in the end very boring. Especially for simracers that have been racing various games for the last 10 years it is very frustrating to see the same kind of ported tracks being released over and over again.

Imo that is what rFactor 2 should have been: A place where talented modders like Reiza, Slightly Mad Studios, Simbin, Simfactory and others can sell top notch scratch build content for a fair price in a great virtual environment (ISI platform).

Oh well, maybe in a few years :D

The best example of limited content was GPL, which had 11 circuits, and that meant online there were always full servers and after a while you knew all the tracks.. Then the modders made a huge amount of tracks, lowering the standard of racing. Some didn't know the tracks or have them, and certainly didn't know them as well as the 11 defaults.. Plus the few hundred players who used to be spread over a few monza and watkins servers where now spread over many more servers and circuits, often with only a few drivers in a race!

I really don't like the Idea of getting community content to the game. 3 additional tracks plus 1 or 2 additional classes is everything this game needs (and partly already has). Anything else would hurt the quality I guess and would create to many servers for still not enough players... Right now I would rather like to see one server with 30 players online racing the heck out of it.

BTW: Some Stockcar Pickups would be a blast. :cool:

the massive array of content in rFactor is it's strong point and weak point. It fragments racers all over the place, doing different things. I'd also like this one to stay controlled so everyone has the same content. There are not many people playing as it is...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.