1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Contract time.... Help :-)

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by garethscott79, May 20, 2011.

1. garethscott79

garethscott79

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there all,

Im in need of your guys help. Im close to the end of my 1st season with 5 races remaining riving for force india. Im currently leading the championship and i have offers off most of the teams except mclaren,ferrari, redbull and renault. Now do I go for the likes of mercedes and get a better deal, go for a more middle ish team or stick with force india or a lower team and build up my reputation?
    I read some where that if i sign for a bigger team it slows my reputation down?
    What would you guys do?

2. glight

glight

Ratings:
    +146
    Force India and Mercedes use the same engine so their cars have similar speed. Mercedes usually finish ahead of Force India so they might have a bit better performance in the game. A move to Sauber or Toro Rosso would be more of a lateral move (or even a small step down). So I think your best choices would be to stick with Force India or move to Mercedes.

I don't know if you get less rep from signing with a bigger team but if that is true then it would be better to stick with Force India if your goal is to get a drive with one of the top teams.

Personally, I would sign with Mercedes.

(side note: doesn't Force India have a pitlane bug?)

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race. Premium

Ratings:
    +6,167
    How long is yr career?
    You need to decide if you want to be in the fastest possible car soonest or to grow a small team as #1 driver and get that satisfaction.
    It also depends what challenge you want from AI/assists. Legend/no assists full sim etc is a different cup of tea to say pro/with assists. For example I was getting regular podiums in yr 1 in the lotus. Yr 2 I turned off ABS/TCS, turned on Tyre Sim, Rules, damage. It got a lot more challenging. Remember that the deal generated by beating your nominated rival will be a 1 year deal unless your rep points get to their required level.
    I'm in 2nd yr of 7 year career with Lotus. The Lotus is getting faster (even Jarno somewhat )as we get R&D goals.
    The smaller teams will get faster season on season (ie go up the tiers) if you perform well. I've signed for 3rd year @£10.5m and want to win the WDC with Lotus.
    See what I mean. There is no right answer.