Confused on how aero packages, track types, and setups are related

Note: This question is for Reiza-supplied car/track combinations but feel free to elaborate on how mods may work if you know.

Even after all these years I’m still confused on what the relationships are between aero packages, tracks, and setups. Below is a specific example of the behavior that I’m wondering about. The car/track combinations are a bit on the looney side but I’ve occasionally noticed this same behavior even with more realistic car/track combinations.

F-V10 at Cordoba
100% confirmed car has standard aero package installed
Create & save car setting
F/R wing values: 30/19
Final Drive: 14/22

F-V10 at Brasilia Exterior
also 100% confirmed car has standard aero package before entering any session
Load previously saved Cordoba setting, name shows with ”[1]” next to it
F/R wing values end up being: 8/8
Final Drive ends up being: 14/20

I just don’t understand what causes this behavior. Is there some setting or file values somewhere that result in a car being brute-forced into a different aero package regardless of what you have set in the showroom?

Some aero packages are related to certain tracks by the game. The information is written within the "TrackConfigsBase.ini" file, which exists for each car class.

Solution:
Open your vehicles folder and search for F_V10

In example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\F_V10

Scroll down and you will find this TrackConfigsBase.ini. Open it with editor or word pad and you will see which tracks force the cars to have Low Downforce (Aero Package=1).

You can set the values to "0", then you have the standard aero package ingame (AI cars as well).
You can also just remove this file to some place on your hard disk before starting the game, same result.

But you should not do so when playing online, I think it can cause mismatches.

Hope this helps..

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes