AC Cobra @ Brands Hatch - Mon 29Jan18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Lucas Gerlach I wish you were a little bit more careful on the second lap. I slowed down because I had a car spin in front of me and I took avoiding actions, I expected the same from you behind me, didn't realize you gonna go 3 wide on my inside I had Eugene on my right and I was still trying to gain control of the car after the avoiding action, to be fair there was no space there, don't know what you expected is gonna happen there with vintage tyres and no brakes. Shame lost the motivation after that.

@Lucas Gerlach I wish you were a little bit more careful on the second lap. I slowed down because I had a car spin in front of me and I took avoiding actions, I expected the same from you behind me, didn't realize you gonna go 3 wide on my inside I had Eugene on my right and I was still trying to gain control of the car after the avoiding action, to be fair there was no space there, don't know what you expected is gonna happen there with vintage tyres and no brakes. Shame lost the motivation after that.
If there was a car spinning in front of you, then that's a yellow flag situation. That's regardless of whether a yellow flag was shown in game. @Kresh you did the correct thing by slowing down to avoid the incident. There is no overtaking under yellow flags, so any driver who passed you should give the place back. It's tricky if the game doesn't show a yellow flag, so it would be good if we all get used to communicating things like this on TeamSpeak. That way, if somebody overtakes after they've been alerted to the incident, they would be in clear breach of RD rules (IMO).
I've been crashed into from behind (in the last week, but not in an AC event), whilst slowing to avoid a large pile up. It's very annoying, I have to say. If I'd shouted on TS that I was slowing or maybe just shouted "yellow flag", perhaps this could have been avoided.
Either way, I honestly believe that we shouldn't keep a place that was gained under yellow flag conditions. It goes against the spirit of club racing (IMO) and it is against RD rules.

If there was a car spinning in front of you, then that's a yellow flag situation. That's regardless of whether a yellow flag was shown in game. @Kresh you did the correct thing by slowing down to avoid the incident. There is no overtaking under yellow flags, so any driver who passed you should give the place back. It's tricky if the game doesn't show a yellow flag, so it would be good if we all get used to communicating things like this on TeamSpeak. That way, if somebody overtakes after they've been alerted to the incident, they would be in clear breach of RD rules (IMO).
I've been crashed into from behind (in the last week, but not in an AC event), whilst slowing to avoid a large pile up. It's very annoying, I have to say. If I'd shouted on TS that I was slowing or maybe just shouted "yellow flag", perhaps this could have been avoided.
Either way, I honestly believe that we shouldn't keep a place that was gained under yellow flag conditions. It goes against the spirit of club racing (IMO) and it is against RD rules.

Okay I rewatched the footage and this is my opinion to this situation. From my perspektive I´ve went for the gap as soon as you were going to the right to cover Eugene and I did not expect you to go to the left again in the next second + I thougt your car was stable. I also understand your point of view and that you where surprised when I suddently was on the left of your car and I know that a crash can look completely different from the different views of the involved drivers. I was not looking at Eugene when I tried to pass you but in the video you can see that he is not moving completely to the right, so you realy had no place to go. Eugene problably wasn´t aware that I was trying to pass you on the inside and also thought he gives you enough room to make it through the corner. Summarized I think there where 3 cars but every driver was only looking for 1 of the other cars. So it wasn´t the fault of a single person.
I actually did not know that we are not allowed to overtake under yellow flags and as Denis said Assetto Corsa has a bad flag support. In VR its impossible to see even blue flags. Thats one thing I realy do not like about this game. I often hear race host repeating the golden rule before the race and maybe they should also repeat the rules with the yellow flags.

So I´m sorry I ruined your race. It was definitly not my intention!

@Lucas Gerlach I agree that not enough is made of this rule. Rule 9 covers the issue and we all agreed to read and drive within the rules, when we join RD (or is it when we go Premium, I can't remember). But you are correct, we (admins) often quote The Golden Rule, cutting the track, etc, but rarely mention safety flags. I will, therefore, be writing out a cheat card to read out before my next event and that'll include flags etc. :thumbsup:

Thats is a very good tip Denis to alerts others about yellow flag on TeamSpeak but for me is hard to drive and talk especially with this beast of a car that tries to kill you every time you press the right pedal lol.

Thanks for sharing your insight on this, I think the more we talk about incidents the more we all can learn from then and try to be better next time.

Okay I rewatched the footage and this is my opinion to this situation. From my perspektive I´ve went for the gap as soon as you were going to the right to cover Eugene and I did not expect you to go to the left again in the next second + I thougt your car was stable. I also understand your point of view and that you where surprised when I suddently was on the left of your car and I know that a crash can look completely different from the different views of the involved drivers. I was not looking at Eugene when I tried to pass you but in the video you can see that he is not moving completely to the right, so you realy had no place to go. Eugene problably wasn´t aware that I was trying to pass you on the inside and also thought he gives you enough room to make it through the corner. Summarized I think there where 3 cars but every driver was only looking for 1 of the other cars. So it wasn´t the fault of a single person.
I actually did not know that we are not allowed to overtake under yellow flags and as Denis said Assetto Corsa has a bad flag support. In VR its impossible to see even blue flags. Thats one thing I realy do not like about this game. I often hear race host repeating the golden rule before the race and maybe they should also repeat the rules with the yellow flags.

So I´m sorry I ruined your race. It was definitly not my intention!

If you see from my perspective you will see that I had a over steer moment right before you hit me, and my car pointed left as I caught it, I wasn't trying to cover Eugene I was making sure I kept my line because I was aware of you guys catching me and I was ready to lose positions there as I lost time from the incident, it felt inevitable you guys would catch me.
You say you saw a gap, I cant disagree with you there, it was a ever closing small space there, in that situation on lap 2 on a 40 minutes race I personally would have lifted way earlier and try and fight another lap. You hit me right at the braking point and on the inside unless you are a master on brakes I am sure you wouldn't have made the corner anyway.

I would understand if we were driving GT3 cars or something modern that gap becomes more wide, but with a car that everyone on TeamSpeak was complaining on how hard it is to drive, even before the start of the race, It should be a different approach to racing. I lost 3 to 4 places nearly took Eugene out on the process.

As I said I just wish you were more careful on lap 2 of a 40 minutes Race, Thanks for the apology I am sure you didn't do it on purpose :).

here is some shots from the replay with different prespectives

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies