Clutch question

I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but never got around to it, so here goes. I never use the autoclutch option in the car settings, but still some cars doesn't react to the clutch at all. I guess it has to do with how the cars (gearbox?) works IRL. If that's the case, then how do they actually work and does those particular cars have some sort of autoclutch? Thanks!

Afaik auto clutch is always on if you don't use a H-shifter! What does make sense because I never heard of a car with sequential shifting and a clutch. (yes, you can overwrite the Auto clutch like in dirt rally)
So auto clutch is for the case when you want to shift with a H-shifter but don't want to use the clutch :)
But I am not sure about that a 100%

Well i do have a H-shifter setup and connected, even though i mostly tend to use the shifter paddles on the wheel, but still it doesn't make sense cause the behaviour varies between different cars.

EDIT: For example the Ferrari 458 Italia doesn't react to the clutch at all, whereas with the Maserati MC12 the clutch works as "normal".

Last edited:
I will test it in the next days and report back!
I think Auto clutch only get used with H-shifter cars irl.
To the clutch overwrite: Kunos is really detailed with their cars so I think the Ferrari has no clutch irl, the MC12 does!

Those cars that don't react do that because they don't have a clutch pedal in real life, because they have automatic/semiautomatic gearboxes. The only car where I think Kunos got it wrong is the Praga, but I'm not certain of this.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.9%