• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Closed Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by JayJayRaceinho, Mar 21, 2017.

1. JayJayRaceinho

JayJayRaceinho

Ratings:
    +85
    Anyone signed for the beta and got access to the beta? I see bunch of captures on yt, but only guys playing with controller and assists and such stuff. Nothing serious :geek:

Any impressions on the physics, handling and the FFB?

The sound seem to have improved, atleast on exterior...in cockpit-view the gt3's seem to use all the same engine-sound. the MclarenMP4 GT3 doesn't sound like one at all :rolleyes:

here the Mclaren 650s GT3 sound :rolleyes:

...and the real one :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Grippy

Grippy

Ratings:
    +0
    wow GT SPORT is all transmission whine. The engine sounds inside cockpit are like nonexistent. Actually terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. JayJayRaceinho

JayJayRaceinho

Ratings:
    +85
    ...after watching a few more vidz, i would even say all cars have this so-called exaggerated 'transmission whine' in cockpit-view. got quickly bored.

4. Grippy

Grippy

Ratings:
    +0
    I watched a livestream with an Evo GT3, that thing actually sounded good with the trans whine and all. The rest of the cars it just doesn't work imo, you need the engine to make some noise not just trans. It's terribly unrealistic to only have loud exhaust sound in a race car but no sound of the engine in cockpit. It is only the Beta though, so we must pray they work on it ASAP. While they can still polish the game up.

5. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    Tried my best to be patient and join online servers during the weekend...ended up being a very frustrating experience (from the waiting time to people ramming you in every corner...etc). As first impression, it is an arcade with broken physics (hope i'm wrong down the road).
    Anyways, i was able to grab some screenshots https://www.flickr.com/gp/mbimmer/kDf060
    that just look amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +84
    In case someone is interested to hear how GTsport sounds