rF2 Clio Cup @ Mid Ohio - Tue Aug 24th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
that was the most boring 20 minutes ive ever spent at my computer, if the real renault clios are like this im not surprised if they get crashed alot from making the drivers fall asleep at the wheel...if they can get it to keep still that is XD

Guys like i said in the chat, PM me.

Very good races for me.

Race 1 was epic and lucky also.
Good little scrap between Adam, Chris and me. But then Adam blew his engine when we both braked after the straight.
Then a massive battle between Chris, Avi and me begun. Made a mistake in the last corner so Chris took P1. Tried to get it back but Avi was also very close. Finally got him after the long straight. And could pull away abit because he and Avi had a fight. So took P1.

Race 2 again Adam took Pole from me.
Then i got lucky again. Adam didnt move off the line so took P1 and looked back and i thought he still got away. Because Adam didnt move i had clean run in the first lap wich gave me already 2 seconds. Then i checked the standings and saw Adam way behind. To bad i saw that to late otherwise i restarted it. Saw also no message. :) The rest of the race i mangaged to keep a 3 seconds gap to Chris and got some more seconds when he made some mistakes i think. So P1

Great racing i must say. Esspacially Race 1. Giving eachother room and letting eachother live. Cant remember a touch with anybody wich you would expect with close racing.

Problems Matt? :)

Moi? I haven't properly raced Rfactor online since I got my new monitor which can do 1920x1080 (I used to run 1280x1024) and I was having some fps issues so I was trying out graphics settings. Still wasn't great, but I found some drivable settings. Hotlapping on my own was fine, but I guess the extra work it was doing online pushed it over the edge. I really need to upgrade which I should hopefully be able to do in the next couple of months.

As for the racing, its the most enjoyable racing I've had in a while. These little Renault screamers are great fun. The racing was close and clean and I got involved in some nice battles. Unfortunately on the last lap of the last race I accidentally took out Tomasz and again I apologise. He ran a little onto the grass on the exit of turn 1 and I got a run on him, but I was on the outside for the next turn so tried a switchback to the inside. Unfortunately I misjudged the distance and tapped his rear corner, pitching him off. I think some other cars became involved so I apologise to those too.

Again had good pace and qualied 1st in both races.

Race 1: Again because Im too used to Race ON. I blew my engine up on the 2nd lap downshifting too quickly.

Race 2: Well I have my handbrake mapped to 4th gear on my shifter. And i went for a quick toilet break before the race and put my headset on the gear shifter. Well that had put it in 4th gear/handbrake so at the start I didnt move anymore. Moved when I was 40 seconds down on 2nd to last :(.

WD Ivo and also chris for there positions. Cheers Ivo and RD for the race.

Moi? I haven't properly raced Rfactor online since I got my new monitor which can do 1920x1080 (I used to run 1280x1024) and I was having some fps issues so I was trying out graphics settings. Still wasn't great, but I found some drivable settings Hotlapping on my own was fine, but I guess the extra work it was doing online pushed it over the edge. I really need to upgrade which I should hopefully be able to do in the next couple of months.

Ah oke. Yeah i saw you leave the whole time so thought you had some problems.
Must say Mid Ohio is a quite demanding track for the Graphics. :)

Another full of fun evening with Clio's:).

Practice: First timo on this track, andwas surprised my goog pace 6-7 place with the gap to the bestsunder 1 sec.:cool:
Q1-Very good as for me, my best lap was very close to personal best from practice, P7 or 8.:)
R1: Good start, gained 2 positions on the first lap, good battles with Julien and Adam, both lost:wink:.
I made mistake, It was too wide and too fast hit the barriers, got flat tire, pit, dropped to last place with 25sec gap. I was trying to cath up Robert during last 4/5 laps and I was quicker over 4 seconds a lap:confused:, I think He has some problems with the car... finished last with 10 sec. gap to Robert, lucky, I wasn't lapped.

Q2: Like always over a second worse than personal best, last place before the last one.:frown:
R2- Another great start, gained view positions, good battles with Abdul and Eddie. All race spent on trying to keep the pace of Eddie Matt, and Adam. Very good and exciting battles with Eddie and Matt Diuring last two laps we switchted positions view times, and than the last lap...I was just behind Adam and just in front of Matt and Eddie. I think the gap between our fourth was about 0,5 sec or less:). I went a bit to wide in T1 2or 3 wheels on the grass but was still steady and fast enough to keep up with the guys, Matt tried tgo inside T2 and hit my left-rear side of the car at almost fuul speed onthe 5th gear, so I went side ways trying to take contrl on the car, wnt on the grass, had contact with Eddie (now I know how it is to be a ball in the fliper:wink:) and went straight through the track in the exit of t2, and I hit Adam, sorry for that. Now i think I should hit the "esc" button, butIt happened so fast....sorry again Adam. I had flat tire -again:frown:, but I was given back the position by Matt, so no hard feelings on it.:) I wastrying to finished the race, but Iwas to optimistic on this and hit the barriers on the next turn-DNF...

It was still great fun with lots of close battles.

Thanks to Ivo, RD and all I've bettled with.

Again had good pace and qualied 1st in both races.

Race 1: Again because Im too used to Race ON. I blew my engine up on the 2nd lap downshifting too quickly.

Race 2: Well I have my handbrake mapped to 4th gear on my shifter. And i went for a quick toilet break before the race and put my headset on the gear shifter. Well that had put it in 4th gear/handbrake so at the start I didnt move anymore. Moved when I was 40 seconds down on 2nd to last :(.

WD Ivo and also chris for there positions. Cheers Ivo and RD for the race.

With performances like that Adam, you're always welcome at Tard Helmet racing :)

LOved the racing guys up front to day, very good, clean battles. You were just too quick for me today Ivo, very well done :)

Good night for me on the whole. Practiced my race pace all evening which worked out to be the right thing to do.

Q1: Put it in 8th with a PB.

R1: Decent start but dropped to 10th. Fought my way back up to 6th passing cars who retired and getting past Eddie and Tomasz when they made errors. Last couple of laps made a few errors but hung on for 6th, just.

Q2: Even better lap than in Q1 and took 7th.

R2: Made a good start but had to avoid the motionless clio of Adam in front. Was in about 6th place until I made an error trying to avoid Julien which caused my car to sideways, however Matt was kind enough to nudge me back around (Thank You :)) and I only lost 2 places. Chased Eddie down and had a hard battle trying to get close enough to put a move on him, for 6th as Kjell had already retired. Eventually got through and started to pull away only for Matt to get past him and close right onto me. Spent the last few laps trying to hold both of them and Tomasz off. The last lap was a bad one. I saw the collision behind in my mirror and thought that I should be able to take it a bit easy now, only to suddenly see Tomasz's car hit the front of mine (didn't even see him till he it me). I lost the front spoiler and the front right tyre was punctured. Ended up limping home after being overtaken by Eddie and almost overtaken by Abdul. Finished 6th as someone retired ahead on the last lap (don't know who).

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and those I battled with.

trying to cath up Robert during last 4/5 laps and I was quicker over 4 seconds a lap:confused:
i just wasnt with it in this race, i understeered off track and later flipped the car and at that point i couldnt be bothered to do any more than finish the race so i was just doing slow times, and im not very good with the clios anyway hehe...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.6%