1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Choosing position on starting grid...?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by J van E, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I usually drive a 10% single race without qualifying. It seems it's impossible to tell the game where you want to start a single race on the grid... Usually I'd like to start at the complete back and in order to get this done, I have to start a short race weekend and then skip to the race... Doing this everytime is a bit cumbersome.

Am I missing an option or is it indeed impossible to choose your place on the grid?

2. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Unless you take part in qualifying, you can't dictate where you start in the race.

3. Ok, clear. It used to be a (logical) option in racing games from long, long ago: I wonder why it isn't there in this game, but well, I'll keep doing my routine of skipping to the race on a short weekend then!

4. If you choose Virgin or HRT you're very likely to start from the very end (and good luck with catching up with the "old" teams). A Red Bull or McLaren on the other hand almost guarantee a front row.

5. Ah, LOL, well, that makes sense... Didn't think of that. ;)