F1 2016 Changing tyre strategy on the fly

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
Does anyone know if you can change tyre strategy on the fly during a race itself in this years version of the game . In previous versions , even if you'd chosen say Soft , Medium , Soft for example in the pre race strategy when it came to actual pitstops you could choose your compound on the fly and choose different from your pre race strategy and so maybe go soft , soft , medium . In the radio communication with the pits in this years game though there seems to be no choice of tyres from what Ive seen which also seems to disable the chance of risking it on a damp track with slicks a la Ayrton Senna at Donington too . Also it automatically changes your tyres if you take off your wing early or anything like that too even though theres nothing wrong with your tyres . Has anyone noticed any tyre choice settings for actual pitstops ?

You can select the tyres you want at the next stop on the first screen of the MFD menu.

20160822113533_1.jpg

My question is why the engineer ignored my race strategy and insisted I pit again despite the fact that I made a custom one stopper in the pre-race screen.

Melbourne:
  • Start: Super-Softs
  • Stop 1: L19 Mediums
On like lap 40 he told me to pit again for SS's. lol. Good joke.

Last edited:
You can select the tyres you want at the next stop on the first screen of the MFD menu.

View attachment 149418

My question is why the engineer ignored my race strategy and insisted I pit again despite the fact that I made a custom one stopper in the pre-race screen.

Melbourne:
  • Start: Super-Softs
  • Stop 1: L19 Mediums
On like lap 40 he told me to pit again for SS's. lol. Good joke.
How the hell did you make supersofts last 19 laps?

Thanks Chris . I was too busy looking at the radio com where you tell the pit crew to get ready for you to ' box ' and completely missed that thanks . I'm guessing getting your ok tyres replaced when youve nothing wrong with them just because the car has sustained some damage is still a bug thats carried over from previous iterations of the game . Its not a game breaker , annoying but not a game breaker . Not being able to pick your own tyres would have been crazy though so thanks for showing me how to choose .

Thanks Chris . I was too busy looking at the radio com where you tell the pit crew to get ready for you to ' box ' and completely missed that thanks . I'm guessing getting your ok tyres replaced when youve nothing wrong with them just because the car has sustained some damage is still a bug thats carried over from previous iterations of the game . Its not a game breaker , annoying but not a game breaker . Not being able to pick your own tyres would have been crazy though so thanks for showing me how to choose .

If you watch F1 whenever a care comes in the pits they change the tyres. Especially with the tires they use now why wouldn't you want a fresh set of boots when to replace them takes less time then your stopped anyhow?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.8%