1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing paddles on Driving Force GT

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Jure Skraba, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hello,

I'm using Logitech Driving Force GT wheel for some time now and I just hate shifting with paddles, which are more of small buttons on the back of the rim - when I need to shift gear up or down in the middle of the turn my fingers just aren't long enough to reach for the paddle.

I know I could use sequential shifter, but it's also cumbersome.

My question is, has anybody changed the paddles with ones of another wheel, e.g. G25? Are they compatible - do they fit / can they be modified somehow?
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Try using epoxy to attach larger "paddles" that are more to your liking?
    First score, rough up the surface of the button shifters and clean them up..
    Don't make them too large or they'll just snap off.
  3. I use the older Driving Force Pro wheel which i believe has the same buttons for gear shift, i had thought about modding it for some time and after reading this thread i decided to do it.
    It took me 5 mins to fit a couple of paddles onto the old buttons using sticky velcro. The velcro tape sticks like mad and is thick enough to fill the gap in the not so flat button. So now i have 2 great feeling paddles so maybe now i will not miss so many gear shifts. :biggrin:
    If you google DFP mods (or similar) then you will probably find lots of mods for the same wheel.
  4. We are in the process of making prototypes that would attach without any epoxy. After we do more testing we will have them for sale I had the same problem.
  5. K W  paddles 4SW1.jpg
  6. photo23.jpg rough hand made prototypes not cnc parts. Will be producing soon. I had the same issue.
  7. @clines5k: Was there any update as to your prototypes?
  8. These cnc machined paddles are tested and ready for sale!! You can find them on ebay or at our website granturgismo.c om

Happy racing ;)
  9. Hmm looks nice. But 40 dollars for some paddles is to much for me.
    Find the default ones oke. Using them for 2 years already. And found 40 bucks to much for a little improvement.
  10. These are my hand made paddle shifters:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quite rough work, but I'm satisfied with the first attempt. Next time I'm going improve the quality, design and functionality.
  11. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Still, nice work there!
  12. Here is a video of the Granturgismo paddles.