• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Changing from G27 to T300?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by nockel, May 12, 2017.

1. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

I'm owning a G27 atm. But I want to get to a new wheel.
    My brother is driving an old dfgt and want to take my G27.

I think on buying a T300 Ferrari Alcantara wheel cause it starts with T3pa pedals.

Is it worth to change?

Someone told me to buy csl elite pedals and later the fanatec base.
    But it's a lot of money and my wife is not happy with it.

My rig is a Playseat Challenge. Two weeks old :)

2. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Ratings:
    +151
    Well I had a G27 and loved it. But I upgraded to the T500 and do not regret it. The ffb is stronger and more detailed. Also you do not get the rattle that is associated with the G27. The T500 is very quite. By all accounts The T300 is not as powerful as the T500,but the ffb is even more detailed, so the 300 will be you're best option.I would see how you get on with the pedals before buying the Fanatecs.

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    T300 is very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Would you recommend to buy Ferrari Alcantara edition with t3pa or direct with pro pedals?

Later I want to add load cell if it's worth to mod it

5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    I just have the GTE version with the normal T3PA pedals. The pro pedals are great but they're bloody heavy.

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Last year I got a T300 and a Playseat challenge: great to use them together!

The plan was to upgrade the pedals but I'm still using the basic ones that came with the wheel… I'm tempted by the CSL pedals but not 100% sure it would work with the seat. I think it would at least required to fix a board to the pedals support, and fix the pedals on this board (I have seen pictures of similar assembly for strong pedals with a Playseat Challenge). The strap from the seat would probably not be enough with a load cell...:)

7. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Ah ok. Thx a lot. Only point I have Alcantara or not :)
    T3pa are only in Ferrari bundle right?

8. Insert Coin

Insert Coin

Ratings:
    +111
    I have the alcantara wheel and I like it very much because it is a larger wheel.

9. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    I thought the gte and Ferrari are both 30 cm

10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +957
    Yes, I had to buy my T3pa separate

11. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Did you mod load cell on it?

12. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    I'd upgrade if I were in an area where it's easy to RMA. From my location, it's not easy, as I had to find a way to send it back to Canada after my base had issues just after 2 months, and I had to wait several months before getting it back. Nonetheless, the upgrade is great.

OT: @nockel, how high is your screen from the ground? Been planning on the Challenge to replace my office chair, but I'm still quite skeptical as my triples are on a 30" high table. But this would be moot I guess if I proceed with a CV1.

13. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    My screen is on desk in about 80 cm high.
    Maybe 10 cm lower will be great. But you can adjust the seat for lower settings to f1 positions.

I'm from Germany, so returning to Canada will be difficult for me too. There is no European sellers for break mod?

14. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Aren't there resellers in Germany? How about sending to France?

15. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Load cell cost about 170 €. I'm thinking about buying t300, selling t3pa and buying elite pedals

16. nockel

nockel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Is it worth to buy Ts racer from thrustmaster?