Chang International circuit

Tracks Chang International circuit 0.82

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great work. Just flows great. Sense of speed is brilliant. Would it be possible to do
a set of VR replay cameras which are positioned on the track edge. This is because
in VR normal cameras make the car to far away. Many thanks.
Kenny.
Thank you.
I don`t have VR. IF anyone has, please go ahead. Would be interesting to see that.

So, after we had a massive 5 hours practise session on the track on the RSS GT cars yesterday I gotta say the track is pretty epic.

At first I must admit I was not in favor of the idea. Probably because I played the converted track before too much and well... Chang is flat etc. :rolleyes::D

However, in the end it was pretty darn epic. Road and kerbs feel and look great as per usual (based on your previous work) :inlove:
  • Cool to see that you are having a night time version in mind. I mean in principle it's quite a no-brainer with all those light posts everywhere :cool:
  • And you know my opinion about the possibilities to go wide.
    Especially in T1, the last corner and in the fast left-hander I would very much appreciate a small sausage kerb on the outside (like T1 @ Red Bull Ring or T1 at Spa nowadays).
    I realize you prever the track to be as close to reality as possible but well, my opinion is that we don't have a real time race control that's monitoring everything, so going wide and gaining advantages should be prohibited somehow. But well.. that's just my humble and tiny opinion as I'm not an AI racer or hotlapper, I do online stuff only :cool::p:D

Anyhow, great track as per usual. :inlove:

So, after we had a massive 5 hours practise session on the track on the RSS GT cars yesterday I gotta say the track is pretty epic.

At first I must admit I was not in favor of the idea. Probably because I played the converted track before too much and well... Chang is flat etc. :rolleyes::D

However, in the end it was pretty darn epic. Road and kerbs feel and look great as per usual (based on your previous work) :inlove:
  • Cool to see that you are having a night time version in mind. I mean in principle it's quite a no-brainer with all those light posts everywhere :cool:
  • And you know my opinion about the possibilities to go wide.
    Especially in T1, the last corner and in the fast left-hander I would very much appreciate a small sausage kerb on the outside (like T1 @ Red Bull Ring or T1 at Spa nowadays).
    I realize you prever the track to be as close to reality as possible but well, my opinion is that we don't have a real time race control that's monitoring everything, so going wide and gaining advantages should be prohibited somehow. But well.. that's just my humble and tiny opinion as I'm not an AI racer or hotlapper, I do online stuff only :cool::p:D

Anyhow, great track as per usual. :inlove:
I thought he said he would have damping on that outside surface but currently he does not. A value of 0.012 for DAMPING on the RUNOFF surface should do the trick. I would also raise the friction up from .85 as that seems a bit low.

Well, I didn't see anything on the "to do" list (if I recall it correctly now from memory) and he didn't mention it yesterday on the server either.

Plus, dunno .... personally I feel slow zones make more sense in areas such as your chicane on Watkins where ppl should not be able to go straight through.

For turns however I think that sausage kerb on T1 on Red Bull Ring is pretty cool and actually requires more attention. But again.. that's just my opinion.

I don't believe in adding things visually/physically that aren't there in real life. And the slowdown is so subtle it really only shows up in the delta. It is how Watkins is setup on all corner exits that have runoff and IMO it works very well.
Me neither.
I will surely not do anything thats not in reality. At RBR and at Spa there are, so are in game.
If you will cut at Chang you will get panelized if nothing else sooner or later. I know its more tempting to go wider and wider if nothing prevent you to do so, but penalty will come. Enough of that. I will also add damping as lilski said, completely forgot about it, was way to buys with all the rest, and Im sure I forgot something else too.

Awesome track mate thankyou . Just like to say i loved watching replays but since i got vr they are ruined would be ace if someone could do a set of vr cams.:)

Can you please put a bit more saturation on the textures? I drive without PP filters, I don't know how it would look with them on but I think the track looks like a rainy day

Can you please put a bit more saturation on the textures? I drive without PP filters, I don't know how it would look with them on but I think the track looks like a rainy day
Can you do some images? To see what do you mean? And will see what I can do. Because no one else has reported anything like it.

I noticed in this version 0.81 at each end of the home stretch some of the banners on the fence have become oddly transparent. Didn’t notice this in version 0.80. Still though, some great work and improvements overall! Hoping you will make a full working version of the adjacent drag strip!

I noticed in this version 0.81 at each end of the home stretch some of the banners on the fence have become oddly transparent. Didn’t notice this in version 0.80. Still though, some great work and improvements overall! Hoping you will make a full working version of the adjacent drag strip!
Has been fixed already, thx anyway.
About drag, will see about it. Have you tried to run it anyway?

In .81 T3 has a fence and a tower showing up late. Also climbing from T3 to T4 those power lines on the right on the other side of the track are hanging mid-air.

Attachments

• chang.jpg
    chang.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 234
Has been fixed already, thx anyway.
About drag, will see about it. Have you tried to run it anyway?

No I haven't took a car back there yet. Again, in 0.80 there was no apparent issue with the banners on the fence sections in question on my end, it only appeared to me in version 0.81... Some of the banners in the sections I am referring to seem alright, but then there are some with this transparency issue on the same section, both ends of the home straight. I'll do a re-install and test again, (done). Earlier I tried to attach screenshots of this, though all of them failed to upload, even after resizing them and cropping them down to 125kb... And I made sure to remove version 0.80 before installing version 0.81. Will take some more screens and upload them elsewhere and try to post the links here! Perhaps it is something on my end with graphics or ppfilters. Even keeping an eye on the track these things stand out and are caught in peripheral, they are abnormalities. Thanks for the reply!

1X1CYOP.jpg

Wu9RzMB.jpg

VL52HU2.jpg

Pftpwpi.jpg

wBF154F.jpg

ST30m3y.jpg

Last night I decided to try again my Lenovo Explorer MR headset on my potato PC (super old i5-2400 not overclocked, GTX 1060) after the Windows 10 April update (BTW, solid performance improvement for Mixed Reality! Kudos to Microsoft) and racing in VR the Cobra against AI on your track was super smooth, great job with optimizing the track. Not to mention the fun I had, the AI is really good here. Thanks for adding another gem to AC!:notworthy:
The only thing I can report was some moiré on the guard-rails, I tried not to look at them :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 186 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 128 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 77 27.7%
Back