Chandhok Secures Le Mans Return

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Karun Chandhok is all set to return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year. Chandhok will be competing in the Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2) category instead of LMP1 that he raced with last year. He will be driving a Nissan powered ORECA along with former Red Bull young driver Brendon Hartley of New Zealand and American sportscar driver Mark Patterson.

Image: Socialdhabba

"I've made no secret of my desire to get back in a prototype for Le Mans, so I'm very happy with this drive. Brendon and I are two pretty good gold-rated drivers, and I hear good things about our silver, Mark. Murphy was competitive last year and there are some good people in the team. If I could be the first Indian driver on the podium at Le Mans, that would be a big story for me." He told AutoSport.

Team owner Greg Murphy revealed that Chandhok's old Formula 3 team boss Russell Eacott, recommended Chandhok to him.

"With this line-up I genuinely expect to be up there challenging in P2 again at Le Mans, having led for five hours last year, we very much feel that it is unfinished business for us." said Murphy.

Hartley and Patterson, who achieved a second place finish in yesterday's British GT Championship opener at Oulton Park, will drive Murphy ORECA'a at the European Le Mans Series opener at Silverstone on April 13.
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea