Resource icon

Apps CBV Fuel Calc 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
This app is great and saves a lot of pre-race maths :thumbsup:. Now, if only you could monitor tyre wear and get it to work out the perfect pit strategy for Endurance events, both optimum fuel/tyre for qualifying and a race strategy, I'd be in heaven ;)

This app is great and saves a lot of pre-race maths :thumbsup:. Now, if only you could monitor tyre wear and get it to work out the perfect pit strategy for Endurance events, both optimum fuel/tyre for qualifying and a race strategy, I'd be in heaven ;)

Haha, I wasn't planning on going that far :p I did think about expanding it for races with pit stops. In the sense that it could calculate the amount you need to refuel more accurately during the race to make it to the end as the race progresses. For the pit strategy tire wear is indeed important.. Not promising anything at the moment, I would have to look into it.. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I have a GTE race coming up on Sunday, so if you could get it done before then it would be fantastic ;):laugh:. Lockdown has atrophied my brain and I seem unable to work out a strategy so I'll most likely run out of fuel with one lap to go (as I mostly always seem to do) :roflmao:

I have a GTE race coming up on Sunday, so if you could get it done before then it would be fantastic ;):laugh:. Lockdown has atrophied my brain and I seem unable to work out a strategy so I'll most likely run out of fuel with one lap to go (as I mostly always seem to do) :roflmao:

The app is certainly for you then! :laugh: Hit the '+' next to the expected race laps in the app to get an extra lap of fuel and be on the safe side. I'll think about races with stops but don't expect anything too soon!

cerebralvortex updated CBV Fuel Calc with a new update entry:

Race mode update + more

Race mode

• Estimates fuel at the end of the race based on leader pace and current position on track
  • During race mode the calculation looks at your calculated fuel consumption of the race itself allowing for fuel saving with visible result!

User interface

• Minimized version now shows your current fuel, laps and time you have left with the current amount of fuel
  • When practicing the total...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey guys, I have the app installed in my apps folder. When I start a lap with say 30L I get to the end of the lap and consumption is obviously visible. But all other information is missing from the read out of the lap? I would appreciate a little help with this cheers, AussieStig

Hey guys, I have the app installed in my apps folder. When I start a lap with say 30L I get to the end of the lap and consumption is obviously visible. But all other information is missing from the read out of the lap? I would appreciate a little help with this cheers, AussieStig

You have to drive at least 2 clean laps (not going off-track) before the fuel estimation values can be calculated and shown. After that the values will update based on your fuel usage.

Hi, I'm getting Divide by Zero error in getExpectedRaceLaps() when the race is a 10 minute timed race because at some points sessionTimeElapsed is 0.0 - i fixed this by removing the divide by if sessionTimeElapsed is less than one.

estimatedLaps = (((raceTotalSessionTime - pitTime) * percentRacePaceImprovement) / sessionTimeElapsed) * lapCount

Last edited:
Hi, I'm getting Divide by Zero error in getExpectedRaceLaps() when the race is a 10 minute timed race because at some points sessionTimeElapsed is 0.0 - i fixed this by removing the divide by if sessionTimeElapsed is less than one.

estimatedLaps = (((raceTotalSessionTime - pitTime) * percentRacePaceImprovement) / sessionTimeElapsed) * lapCount

Nice, thank you!

It happens at the start of a 10 lap race? The app stops working when it happens? I'll see if I can reproduce it and update the app with the fix. Thanks!

Also ran into divide by zero conditions in data.py... averageFuelUsed() & averageLapTime() when self.fuelLapsCounted is zero. i put in catches where self.fuelLapsCounted < 1 then return 0 to fix it.
ps i love the fuel calc- it's a great little app well done :D

Also ran into divide by zero conditions in data.py... averageFuelUsed() & averageLapTime() when self.fuelLapsCounted is zero. i put in catches where self.fuelLapsCounted < 1 then return 0 to fix it.
ps i love the fuel calc- it's a great little app well done :D

Weird, I'm running it all the time and haven't seen it myself. Must be different conditions. Would you mind sharing the changes by sending me a PM? I'll credit you for the finds when updating the app for sure.

Glad you like it!

@cerebralvortex
Hi

Is there in any way possible that the app is set to "stored" by default?

Hello,

Do you mean during the race? If that is what you want you can edit the following file : assetocorsa/apps/python/CBV_FuelCalc/CBV_FuelCalc.py and change line 501 to "shownCalcData = persistedCalcData"

When not racing and there is stored data it defaults to that, otherwise it defaults to multiple sessions. You can change that in the same way at line 495, Remove the if statement block and set "shownCalcData = persistedCalcData" as well.

Hope it helps!

Hello,

Do you mean during the race? If that is what you want you can edit the following file : assetocorsa/apps/python/CBV_FuelCalc/CBV_FuelCalc.py and change line 501 to "shownCalcData = persistedCalcData"

When not racing and there is stored data it defaults to that, otherwise it defaults to multiple sessions. You can change that in the same way at line 495, Remove the if statement block and set "shownCalcData = persistedCalcData" as well.

Hope it helps!
Thanks for your help. Now it seems to work the way I want it. :)

Hello,
thank you for your answer!
I'm fairly new to Assetto Corsa so maybe I did something wrong? I'm with content manager, not sure if it has something to do?
In fact whatever fuel calculator I'm trying to use, It never calculates the fuel needed, in your app or others it simply won't work, did I miss something?
Thanks again for your helpI finally found it! Fuel wasn't activated in the settings...

Last edited:
Hello,
thank you for your answer!
I'm fairly new to Assetto Corsa so maybe I did something wrong? I'm with content manager, not sure if it has something to do?
In fact whatever fuel calculator I'm trying to use, It never calculates the fuel needed, in your app or others it simply won't work, did I miss something?
Thanks again for your helpI finally found it! Fuel wasn't activated in the settings...
Ah yes, you need to enable the apps as well.. and do a few clean laps before the fuel is calculated. Can you update your review if you mind.. have fun with it!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 2.8%