Cars Car stops working when i change rev limiter value Please Help

Hi everyone!
I have created a Celica T23 track mod, only problem is, i used the base of another car, and now my rev limiter is at 8500rpm and i want to make it 9000rpm, I have changed rev limiters before and did the same thing, then i went back to CM and packed the data, but now when i start the game, it crashes and a window pops up saying the car's drivetrain might be broken. Any guidance? Thanks in advance!

Make sure you're using Practice mode, so other random AI cars can't cause a crash.

I don't know why this error would happen just from changing the limiter value. Just to break it down to the simplest steps:

test the unmodified car - make sure it actually works
unpack the .acd
rename the .acd file so the game won't use it
test the car - it should still work
edit data/engine.ini - change the LIMITER=8500 line to LIMITER=6000 as a test.
save, test the car again, make sure the new limiter is in effect.
Now you know your changes are being used, so edit engine.ini again to LIMITER=9000 as you want.

next you probably need to edit power.lut (or whatever file contains the torque curve for that car) so the engine has power to rev above 8500rpm. But just change 1 thing at a time so if it crashes you'll have an easier time figuring out why.

as long as you're still working on the car there's no need to pack to an .acd, you can just leave the unpacked /data folder. The game will use that as long as it doesn't find a data.acd file.

Make sure you're using Practice mode, so other random AI cars can't cause a crash.

I don't know why this error would happen just from changing the limiter value. Just to break it down to the simplest steps:

test the unmodified car - make sure it actually works
unpack the .acd
rename the .acd file so the game won't use it
test the car - it should still work
edit data/engine.ini - change the LIMITER=8500 line to LIMITER=6000 as a test.
save, test the car again, make sure the new limiter is in effect.
Now you know your changes are being used, so edit engine.ini again to LIMITER=9000 as you want.

next you probably need to edit power.lut (or whatever file contains the torque curve for that car) so the engine has power to rev above 8500rpm. But just change 1 thing at a time so if it crashes you'll have an easier time figuring out why.

as long as you're still working on the car there's no need to pack to an .acd, you can just leave the unpacked /data folder. The game will use that as long as it doesn't find a data.acd file.
How would you open that file to change stats?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 132 67.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 87 44.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 89 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 37 18.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 56 28.4%
Back