1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Car Skin

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Stuart Pickering, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

I have a new car skin that a friend of mine has created for me, he has sent it back in a rar file, what do I do next to see it ?

Stu

2. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

This is my explanation for the opel corsa, works with every car.

How to install/use:
    Go into Rfactor2 and select the Opel Corsa mod, press tuning to get it in the showroom. On the screen you have an option "create dir", press it.
    It now made the following directory:
    My documents (this depends on where you installed it)/rfactor2/userdata/player/settings/Corsacup 2010/Corsa_1

After unpacking the .rar file of the skins, you can copy the content and place it in the freshly made directory.

Start up your game, select the Opel Corsa mod, and select the skin to your licking, by using the arrows next to variants.

3. It is a clio skin, so is there a clio mod I need to install?

4. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Nope, do the same as Ian said but than for the clio :)

5. Hold on a sec, open rf2 game then mod manager or rf2 doc folder ie packages etc ?

6. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

to get the skin in there you do not need the mod manager. :)

7. nope im lost here :(

8. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Where did you install your game?

Can you find your userdata folder?

Here is where is mine, I choose CLIO 22.
    ..\rFactor2\Data\UserData\player\Settings\Renault_ClioCup_Car\CLIO_22

In that folder you put the skin which would look like: Clio_22alt.dds

9. yeah I no where my game file is and user data

10. ok opened rf2 folder, user data folder, player, settings, it just lists tracks no cars ??

11. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

no, standard there are no car folders there, only if you do the "create dir" option in game (see Ian's manual). You could create the folders by hand (look at my path) and also use CLIO 22.

and put the DDS file in there

12. Pick your car and go to the showroom, click on "create dir" and you should have your car folder where the skin /.dds file belongs.

Stefan was faster, lol.

13. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Go into Rfactor2 single player and select the Clio mod, press tuning to get it in the showroom. On the screen you have an option "create dir", press it.
    It now made the following directory:
    My documents (this depends on where you installed it)/rfactor2/userdata/player/settings/renault_cliocup_car
    GRAB_265.JPG

14. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

To make it easier;)

15. right done that part thanks for the photo, it is actually in rf2, installed, vehicles

Its this correct now ?

16. hold on ignore that post I found the new folder in user data, player, settings, then a folder Renault_clio

open it says Clio_17

I have put the rar file into it now what? you also say dds file ? I only have a rar file ?

17. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Inside the rar file there is most likely a dds file, so you need to extract the the rar file with winrar.

Rar is something simular to a zip file...

18. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

19. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

haha Stefan is faster again:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ok thanks for all this help, extracted files and they are all psd files no dds file ? use 7zip to extract them