car doesn't appear in showroom

Car appears in the menu, and in the spinner above it, and on the track, but not in the showroom. Why?

open CAS file and search for <EXPO> tags, I guess there is none in your mod so create them by duplicating all <MAX> lines and rename the duplicatas as <EXPO> then save and check...if your mod is really bad maybe you do not have the different LODs lines (LOW,MED,HIGH,MAX) but only MESHFILE lines...

These?

<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_chassis_STYLE1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_disks_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_wheelz_expo_style<1>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_mirrors_style<5>_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_rollcage_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_detale_STYLE<6>_EXPO.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_wiper_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_cokpit_ext_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_window1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_expo_room.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_tv.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_EXPO_FLOOR.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00)

appears here
fsscr180.jpg

and here
fsscr182.jpg

but not here
fsscr181.jpg

Strange but I think that mostly there are 2 lines per part to display in showroom and spinner in the .cas file
The 1st beginning with <EXPO> and the second with <SPIN> but finishing without the Reflect=True mention for this 2nd line. ( except for the floor ).

Did you delete those lines for your message above ?

Yes. The <SPIN> lines are above the <EXPO> lines in the .cas file

I thought the same items were used to display the small spinner (on menu page) as the large spinner (in showroom), apparently not.

I don't think it is strange there are heaps of cars missing from spinners
like out of about 150 BMW skins I have 40-50 no spinner
That continues across all models to varying degrees

I see that most or even all car parts GMTs to display in showroom have a _EXPO ending their names.
I suspect that missing GMTs might cause a CTD rather than a lack of display but.... did you find those EXPO GMTs in the .gtr files ?

Just returned to this (my mind meanders), been working on a different mod.

Haven't checked file by file but it seems most of the gmt files in the gtr file have "xxxx_EXPO" variants, but not sure what should (or shouldn't) be there. For example, "WING_A.GMT", "WING_B.GMT", WING_C.GMT", but just a "WING_EXPO.GMT"; "SPLITTER_B.GMT" with no EXPO.

I'm just wondering why the .cas file is asking special EXPO GMTs while all other ones I know of are just asking the usual ones without EXPO in their names ?

OK for the EXPO_floor but I don't see any reason for the car parts.
Did you check if there's a difference between the Expo GMTs and the car GMTs needed on track ?

The reason of the problem might only be a file naming in this case.

What I'd try should be to change just one line for just one main part in the .cas file for the Expo: using the normal GMT in place of the _EXPO one and see if this part only already appears in the showroom and not the rest.
It should prove that the problem is just a name problem or not ... but I guess that this might be the reason....

Well, tried removing "_EXPO" from the file names in the cas file. Oddly this made no difference that I could detect; still have car in small spinner above menu, still not appearing in showroom. But maybe this tells you something.

I just have a new fool idea but I don't know what happens in this case ... maybe or even surely the kind of problem you encounter.

Should the showroom floor for this car be higher than the car which should normally appear above the floor and not the contrary ?

This might be checked in 3Dsimed with minimum 2 main parts:
- Ascari_EXPO_FLOOR.GMT
and then "add Object" Ascari_KZ1R_chassis_STYLE1 ( 1 replaced by a number or a letter )

If the chassis appears under the floor .... you'll have to correct it by loading this floor GMT as Object, modifying the Z value with negative value until the floor is under the chassis, explode the Object and save it.
If you're not used with this kind of method .... I might do it.
Check it first so you confirm or infirm my possible suspicion.

Last edited:
Good idea. I have another car which appears in the showroom floating about a foot above the floor, so seems possible one could be beneath it.

I do not have 3Dsimed and know nothing of dealing with gmts.

Without the mod ... it's too difficult to imagine where the problem is.
I just tried to make some tests in order to recreate such a problem with another car and showroom and cannot replicate this kind of problem.

There's of course a mistake but which one ? ... pivot point maybe ?

But another idea ... you only showed the <EXPO> lines .... could you show the <SPIN> ones
Comparing them might help as the spinner shows the car and not the showroom !

Please tell me if all lines with <EXPO> in this .car file don't have // before them.
as this should easily explain why it works in spinner and not in showroom.

Last edited:
The, hopefully, relevant sections of hte cas file:

ReflectPlane=(0.0, -1.0, -0.0, -0.38)

Instance=SLOT<ID>
{
Moveable=True
<NOTSPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_COLLISION.GMT Render=False CollTarget=True HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(0.0)

<LOW> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid, 256, 256, AmbientShadA.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0)
<MED> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid, 256, 256, AmbientShadA.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(120.0)
<HIGH> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid, 256, 256, AmbientShadA.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(140.0)
<MAX> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_SHADOW.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Static, Solid, 256, 256, AmbientShadA.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(160.0)

<SPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_chassis_STYLE1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_disks_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_wheelz_expo_style<1>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_mirrors_style<5>_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_rollcage_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_detale_STYLE<6>_EXPO.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_wiper_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_cokpit_ext_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<SPIN> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_window1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)

<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_chassis_STYLE1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_disks_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_wheelz_expo_style<1>.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_mirrors_style<5>_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_rollcage_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_detale_STYLE<6>_EXPO.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_wiper_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_kz1r_cokpit_ext_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_KZ1R_window1_expo.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_expo_room.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=ascari_tv.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00) Reflect=True
<EXPO> MeshFile=Ascari_EXPO_FLOOR.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.00)

Still not fixed ?
As Jempy said, without the mod in hands it is very difficult to help.
There are many ascari mods at esr and I am sure SiGi already fixed this kind of issue as it is very basic for modders :

I think there is also an ascari GT3 in @Maxell FIA GT COLLECTION 1997-2009 MOD at EEC

If your mod is the nogrip ascari then this is a very low poly car with ugly cockpit from what I recall.

Thanks for your link, @GTR233 ... this search guided me to the right version:

Ascari KZ1R GT3 for GTR2

Downloaded and installed @jgf .... The problem is only at your side, the showroom is perfectly working for me. please redownload and reinstall ...

I'm sure this is the model you have, as I compared both .cas files and they correspond perfectly.

Honestly the best is to take the A10 which is similar with nicest graphics : we only need fia gt3 dds skins for it, it is not complicated if you have already skins from another version as it saves lot of time of research. I precise that I do not have time to make these skins but using photoshop/gimp is easy :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%