F1 2013 Can't use all my sets of tyres

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I would like to know if anybody has the same problem that you can't use all your sets of tyres in career mode, Grand Prix etc.?
I play on PC with a whole race weekend and I only can use three sets of options and primes. While in 2012 the first set of each kind was greyed out, now the first set is greyed out, three sets available and the last are greyed out, too. This happens in every session.

Steam Version, Patch #5 installed.

Those are the rules, mate.

Over the race weekend, each driver has access to 11 sets of dry-weather tyres (six of the harder ‘prime’ specification and five of the softer ‘option’ specification), four sets of intermediate tyres and three sets of wet tyres.

One set of ‘prime’ tyres must be returned to the tyre supplier before Practice Two, and one set of each specification before the start of Practice Three.

This leaves a driver with eight sets of dry-weather tyres (four of each specification) for the rest of the event, but one set of each spec must be returned to the tyre supplier before the start of Saturday’s qualifying session. At the start of the race the cars that took part in Q3 must be fitted with the tyres the driver used to set his grid time.

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8680/

It is the rules, but CM missed an opportunity I think. Since they got rid of all the practices save one, they should at least give us access to those unused tyres that are supposed to be used in FP1 and FP2.

It is the rules, but CM missed an opportunity I think. Since they got rid of all the practices save one, they should at least give us access to those unused tyres that are supposed to be used in FP1 and FP2.

I agree. Given the importance of tyre wear this year we should have been given few more sets in FP3 to test setups (as tyre wear in GP mode and career is different).

There is another option,do you practice with what ever tyre you feel like and just restart the seassion before it ends and there you go to Q1 with full fresh sets instead of worm 1-X sets .I do this only when i dont feel confident in the car and i need more than the usual practice since most of my setups are opimized for the option tyre usage.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%