can't delete setups

Have you tried to rename the corresponding files using Windows Explorer?

I had not tried that, I went through the RF2 folders looking for setups, but I didn't find any files for car setups. Can you tell me the file path to them?
I started the game up on the gaming PC to do more investigating. I can delete setups at Daytona, so I went to Sebring.. the circuit I noticed the issue with. I thought I had found it, as the setup files were saved from the 12 hr circuit and I loaded the full layout. I switched to the 12 hr layout, still cant delete the files, but they wont load to the car anymore either. Sebring seems to be the issue. I went to the setup files for Nurburgring, while still at the Sebring 12 circuit. I can delete Nurburgring setup files while at Sebring. At least the entire game isn't broken

Last edited:
The age of a setup may also have something to do with your issue. At least once since the new UI was released, S397 has changed the format of the setups to allow specific car setups. that meant previous versions of a setup were no longer visible. They were still in the folders, just had to edit like 1 line, but that did make some disappear. Perhaps the formatting is preventing the deletions.??? dunno.

The age of a setup may also have something to do with your issue. At least once since the new UI was released, S397 has changed the format of the setups to allow specific car setups. that meant previous versions of a setup were no longer visible. They were still in the folders, just had to edit like 1 line, but that did make some disappear. Perhaps the formatting is preventing the deletions.??? dunno.
On my PC, the path to setups is as follows:

your steam location/steamapps/common/rFactor2/Userdata/player/Settings/track name

You should be able to delete them from there.

I was able to delete the old files. It actually took two tries but I got them off the list.
Thank you very much!

George

If you can't find setups you know you have in garage click on the tab changes VEHICLE to ALL
Sometimes setup for same car can come up in either I think mostly when you have downloaded from
someone in room maybe saved setup in ALL .....wild guess

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies