1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cannot join the FSR server.

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Tume, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

I join to the server by clicking the [JOIN SERVER] button on the GPCOS site, and I insert the password on it, but it keeps saying join timed out. I have made a fresh installation of rFactor and I've synchronized the game with the FSR 2012 mod. Is this related with the network settings or something? I use a modem.

2. Just login in the rFactor online Lobby ingame. Not Gpcos.

3. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Still not working.

4. Searched the Formula Simracing server from the server list? It's just like joining any other server. If you did so and it still won't work, then hopefully someone knows what to do.

5. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Why don't I see that server? I only see a server with constantly changing name, using the FSR2012 mod. :/

6. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

And no matter what connection type I choose to make a hosting test, it gives me the following message: Could not determine the status of your connection.

7. Hmm it seems that server was down (updating mod), now it's up again.

8. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Seriously, I don't see the server, I also don't know what network settings I must set.

9. Teemu Toikka

Teemu Toikka
    Not so Flying Finn

Try setting "Concurrent Server Updates" to 1000 from Multiplayer.ini file.

10. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Voit kirjottaa ihan suomeksikin :)

11. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Now the server appeared, I just need to re-synchronize since I got a mismatch :p

12. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

What seems to be wrong, it keeps complaining about FSR2012.hdv, still getting mismatch.

13. the server wasn´t updated yet with the latest simsync update, will be done in a minute.

14. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Okay now I got into the server! No lag at all, I chose the cable setting

15. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

and I'm on full graphics :)