Can you reduce camera shake / bumpiness?

I find the camera on a lot of GTR 2 tracks a bit too bumpy and shaky, and was wondering if I can reduce this?

If I understand correctly, G Force slider doesn't do that, and camera movement only affects horizon lock / world tilt.

Is there a file variable or setting I can use to reduce the "bumpy" feeling of the camera?

I encountered some tracks to be too bumpy in the 3D geometry itself, perhaps some issue with conversion from other games. That said, I had to tweak this file:

"\GameData\Locations\specialfx.tec"

a lot to get more natural road feel. To me the biggest difference:
[TRACKVARS]
RoadDryGrip=1.00
RoadWetGrip=0.85
RoadBumpAmp=0.0025
RoadBumpLen=0.0001

RumbleDryGrip=0.98
RumbleWetGrip=0.80
RumbleBumpAmp=0.015
RumbleBumpLen=8.0

and

Tweaking this part:

// Bumpy Roads 1 (braking zone washboard effect)
[FEEDBACK]

eliminates weird oscillation during braking. Those effects add artificial shaking coming not from track geometry itself, but I find that after tweaking they work very well in replicating road surface feel with stiff racing suspension.

Last edited:
Another way is to open UserData\defviews.cam, find LocalCam=COCKPIT // Inside View and change OrientationRate values to (20.000000, 999.000, 999.00000). This will make camera to be unaffected by higher frequency shaking. You can experiment with first value (lower = more inertia) but I find 20 to be the best ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 72 59.0%